Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does feminism mean to you?

Options
  • 13-12-2008 3:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

Not what does it mean to other people, but what does it mean to you? To me it means Kristeva and semanalysis, non linear time and all sorts. thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Fairly in depth thread on it here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055229299highlight=feminism

And you're drunk, go to sleep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

No, no thoughts at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Oh, yeah, I remember something... whatever women say, it turns out what they really want is a real man who will make them feel safe and secure. So, in my experience, feminism only exists as a theory, like solipsism or some other theoretical extremity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

To me radical feminism means radical semanalysis, like in my sig.

• Advertisement

You think that **** will get you laid?

Thaedydal wrote: »

Hmm, only the third link is what I am interested in, I want to see what each user's opinions of feminism is, if thats ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Hairy vaginas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

I thought it mean something essentialist and purist, that gender identity is rooted in biology and unchangeable.

I thought it mean something essentialist and purist, that gender identity is rooted in biology and unchangeable.

No essentialism is wrong, it perpetuates the same gender hierarchy as we already experience. Never seen feminism which continue that view.

• Advertisement

No essentialism is wrong, it perpetuates the same gender hierarchy as we already experience. Never seen feminism which continue that view.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

I don't have much interest in 'feminism' (as in theories) as what i have sived through, through the years, just made me feel, i dunno, angry (?) and some of it all seemed too 'simple', short and sweet. i don't think anything in life is that simple but i suppose thats what they wante, their theories to be the last word). i remember reading some bits in sexual studies but it wasn't from a feminism angle purely, plus just sexual in nature.

Having seen this thread after i came in from work i searched kristeva out of interest and from the very little (very very little so excuse me if i've picked anything up wrong) i have read its actually encouraged me to read further. she doesn't seem overly caught up in "feminism" and some of her thoughts like the multiple sexual identities is very interesting so i might just read some more.

the real differences, psychological, are of more interest to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

women want to be treated the same but i know a few scum bag women that will hit a fella and not expect to get a slap back. I wouldnt hit a woman cos they the weaker sex but jaysus some of them would wanna cop on. Ye got the vote is that not enough lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

To me it means choices....... Like having the choice to turn off sigs.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Rigger, kindly behave yourself please.

As has already been stated, this has been done in depth before, so there's no need for a new thread. Please feel freen to resurrect any of the earlier ones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement