Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance Groups

Options
  • 13-12-2008 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

The lower the figure the higher the group?

So a car in group 5 is in a higher more expensive to insure group than a car in group 10?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

afaik its the other way round like a micra could be in group 1 or 2 but say a porsche would be 20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

guil07 wrote: »
    afaik its the other way round like a micra could be in group 1 or 2 but say a porsche would be 20

That's what I thought.

I rang my insurance company and asked for a quote on a Honda CR-V 2.0i-Vtec and they told me it was €360 more than I was already paying on a Honda Vti Motegi 185bhp. I was a bit surprised as I thought it would be at least similar if not a little cheaper. They said it was because it was in a different insurance group.

According to this http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/insure/index.htm

The Prelude is in Group 18 and the CR-V is in around Group 11. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

there just tryin to screw ya i dont think we use groups here though

guil07 wrote: »
    there just tryin to screw ya i don't think we use groups here though

Seems that way. They also said that I had to transfer the insurance over. I couldn't do it any other way.
    What if I got a better quote from another company? I should just be able to cancel it shouldn't I? (Of course I facking should :mad:)

I'll be taking my business elsewhere if they don't get their act together.

Cheers.

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP!!!!!

The postman has just been. I have just received a letter from my Insurance company telling me I owe another €360 on top of the Insurance premium I paid in full last week. No explanation. They haven't even got the number of years no claims discount right!!! They're in for it Monday!! :mad:

Dozy cow is only asking me to pay the difference and I haven't even bought the car!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

kleefarr wrote: »
    YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP!!!!!

The postman has just been. I have just received a letter from my Insurance company telling me I owe another €360 on top of the Insurance premium I paid in full last week. No explanation. They haven't even got the number of years no claims discount right!!! They're in for it Monday!! :mad:

Dozy cow is only asking me to pay the difference and I haven't even bought the car!!

Your using a uk website to rate a car insured in ireland, its completely differant so dont bother comparing like for like, ireland does use groupings for cars , accident rate is used as well as performance in rating cars e.g some companies rate a honda civic higher etc...
    was your old reg number on the bill??

Keith C wrote: »
    Your using a uk website to rate a car insured in ireland, its completely differant so dont bother comparing like for like, ireland does use groupings for cars , accident rate is used as well as performance in rating cars e.g some companies rate a honda civic higher etc...

Is there an Irish equivalent to that English site?
    Keith C wrote:
    was your old reg number on the bill??

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

kleefarr wrote: »
    Is there an Irish equivalent to that English site?

Yes.

afaik no caude diff insurance companies use diff ratings, put it this way insurance companies are bang wide ti high performance cars, we use the imternet & so do they, best bet is to ring them for quotes.
    Maybe they sent you the quote in writing??

Keith C wrote: »
    Maybe they sent you the quote in writing??

Nope. It says INVOICE at the top of the page, followed by PREMIUM €360, then TOTAL DUE €360 PLEASE FORWARD PAYMENT.

:mad:

Advertisement