Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

samsung tocco

• 13-12-2008 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,584 ✭✭✭

thinking of buying her indoors this phone for xmas any one recommend it or is it one to avoid. would be delighted with any feedback cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭havana

I have it and really like it. Great for browsing the internet (not sure how it compares to other phones on this, but it does the job for me) - just make sure she get's some sort of deal for this or it costs alot. The only thing is using the internet uses alot of battery power, but I don't find that a major issue.

It can take a little getting used to, using the touch screen for typing messages, but once you do its grand. The camera is pretty good, although I have yet to download any photos off it onto the computer.

I don't need too many fancy gadgets from a phone - this is about as fancy as I'd ever need. And its a good looking phone I think. There is only one or two things I'd change, for example I'd like to be able to choose which widgets to have on the side bar - you're restricted to only a few pre-set ones, but its certainly not a big enough issue for me to not like the phone.

If I was looking for a phone and someone got it as a gift for me I'd be delighted. I have the black one - not really a pink kinda girl, but the pink version is actually quite nice - not to girly pink.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭rohe

thinking of buying her indoors this phone for xmas any one recommend it or is it one to avoid. would be delighted with any feedback cheers

hi himself bought me 1 a while bk,find it a great phone,camera and video excellent,only downside is the battery,has 2 be charged everyday,other than that a great phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭havana

rohe wrote: »
    hi himself bought me 1 a while bk,find it a great phone,camera and video excellent,only downside is the battery,has 2 be charged everyday,other than that a great phone

I find I only have to charge it every day if I use the internet - then again I do everyday so it's probably hard to tell if thats the only reason the battery is going down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,584 ✭✭✭kingshankly

rohe wrote: »
    cheers cant be much worse than the i phone i have one and its joined at the hip with the charger

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Nick Dolan

I bought the tooco and regretted it since, mainly because

1. the phone book menu only lists three entrys at a time (fons fault) and is impossible to scroll down one entry at a time (my fault)

2.All the widgets available to put on the screen are useless(my fault) and nothing else i.e shortcut to write text messages can be used as a widget (fons fault)

3.The Camera function is hidden away in the menus (not accessable by pressing the camera key) and has some sort of auto focus delay after you press the button to take the picture which p***** me off (not the antishake function which can be disabled)

4.The internet browser is the worst ive every encountered especially handling pdf files (fons fault)

5.The menus are a nightmare to navigate (6 levels before you get to be entering text)

More positively the battery lasts a very good length, the touch screen itself is great to use and the pictures are great.i really really wanted to like this phone but every day since i bought it ive been screaming at it and if anyone knows how to fix any of the above id appreciate them posting how

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I agree with the points made by the last poster, except on the browser. The browser imo is the easiest I've used, and second to my iPhone's safari in the way it renders pages. I've had no problem with pdf files at all either, the side zoom button lets me view them fine. Posting from my Tocco now :)

Advertisement