Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So a couple of months ago i posted on here about my dad...

Options
  • 13-12-2008 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

My mum wouldn't let me go and see his grave and i'm not gonna go into detail about everything again..
    But i've tried to contact his sister but she lives in ireland which really isn't much help.
    && My mum keeps talking about moving even further away .
    I've tried the whole logical talking calmly thing about it but she won't listen to anything i say about it .
    I've even heard her telling my little sister that her new bf is her dad!.
    Shes even been looking around my room for my photos.
    If she took them that would be the final straw..
    WHY ..
    is she doing this..

:mad:

Thanks .
    Kelly.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

OMG that is terrible, you must feel so crap. You only get one dad and she seems to only want to erase him.

She may be doing one of two things in my opinion;

1. she is trying to get rid of all memories of him in her life as she feels she cannot move on while she is thinking of him.

2. she after accepting he's gone and now doesn't care anymore and can't see why you or your sisters would want to continue missing him.

Her telling your sis that her bf is her daddy is sickening. I mean how do you know this fella will even be around next week? Your sis won't form a true identity for herself if your mother is lying to her. Young children can accept their biological parent dying and there being another person that comes into their life and helps with that role, so the lies are unnecessary.

What is most disturbing is that she wants to get rid of your pics of your dad, those are irreplacable and you need to have them. They are you memories. If I found out either of my parents touched my photos I would have war!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Does your mothers boyfriend know that your mother is doing all this and telling your sister he's her father? If not it might be time to go have a talk with him, I don't care how sly or underhanded that sounds but he might be able to give your mother the wake up call she needs.

Advertisement