Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Hull Game Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

cant believe Keane isnt on

:eek:

spend 20 million on a striker and hasnt even got a look in

wow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

el zahr??? WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bah! Rafa fupped that one up big time. Maybe being top is not to his taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Cock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Stress.. Fair played to Hull, they made for a heck of a game. Twill be interesting to see how the whole weekend pans out now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

PHB wrote: »
    I'm not sure really. I think Liverpools defence will probably step it up now. And Liverpools attack is still questionable when they aren't coming from behind.
    Just a thought :)

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I am savant like at times.

IMO, and its the same opinion I've had since the start of the season, the attacking ability just isn't there at the top of the pitch without Torres. Gerrard and Torres can win any game on their own, but they can't win every game.

That said, take nothing away from Hull. Hard work, determination, attacking intent, and you can get a result against the big 4. They've shown that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Would anyone really be surprised if this ended 2-2 now?
    Pighead wrote: »
    I'd be absolutely flabbergasted. Do you honestly think there's not more goals in this?
    Pighead thinks you owe PHB an apology Mr Smuggy McFlabbergasted. Once again your limited football knowledge has been exposed. Spanner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Another disgraceful result. Stoke, Fulham, Wet Ham and now Hull City. Benitez's contract offer should be witheld until the end of the season - he hasn't shown in the 5 years he's been in charge that he has the capacity to adapt to the premiership.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

robbie keane running a smooth operation from the bench... bloody horsing the lucozade so he was.

and wasnt dirk great today. st. bernard products have more quality then him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

mike65 wrote: »
    Bah! Rafa fupped that one up big time.

Definitely. Benching keane for the entire match when kuyt (who i love) had the worst game hes had in god knows how long. I can just shake my head at how little sense it makes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Fantastic RESULT for Hull , They are having some season so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Bringing on Lucas.... Benitez is a hard man to understand some times. I felt Keane should have been brought on with twenty to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Jazzy wrote: »

and wasnt dirk great today. st. bernard products have more quality then him

1+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Rafa's love of Kuyt is pathological.

Gerrard and Torres can win any game on their own, but they can't win every game.

That's the truth. You can sense the frustration from gerrard in the last few games at the mediocrity around him.

Ardent wrote: »
    Another disgraceful result. Stoke, Fulham, Wet Ham and now Hull City. Benitez's contract offer should be witheld until the end of the season - he hasn't shown in the 5 years he's been in charge that he has the capacity to adapt to the premiership.

Oh oh..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Bringing on Lucas.... Benitez is a hard man to understand some times. I felt Keane should have been brought on with twenty to go.

Couldnt agree more. So annoying to see him make the changes in every game after 65/70 mins. Does he know you can make them at half time. How in jesus Kuyt stayed on that pitch for 90 mins is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Maybe the rumours that Kuyt is Rafas secret son are true ;) I think Benitez shot himself in the foot there, playing one up front at home.... hmm This is what costs Liverpool every year is dropping points at home to teams below them, four home draws now and that is the reason they will not win the league once again this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Beau x1 wrote: »
    Liverpool 2 - 2 Hull
    Awwhhh lads I feel like a lej now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Haven't a clue why Kuyt wasn't taken off nor why Keane wasn't put on.

Another scalp for Hull, they are heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

That's the truth. You can sense the frustration from gerrard in the last few games at the mediocrity around him.

Are Liverpool a two man team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Its quite clear that Benitez is not able to manage a game from the sideline. The fact that Robbie Keane did not get a run today after looking so good midweek is just crazy. He seems more concerned in defence when the game is in play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Honestly thought Hull would win today, with some better passing towards the end they could have nicked it, they are actually the best counter attacking side in the league at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

trust me when i say im very very miffd..however it is time to don our tottenham and west ham jerseys..one time!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

fair play to Hull. Tbh, once Liverpool euqlaised I just expected Hull to roll over and Liverpool to win comfortably. Great result

Maybe the rumours that Kuyt is Rafas secret son are true ;) I think Benitez shot himself in the foot there, playing one up front at home.... hmm This is what costs Liverpool every year is dropping points at home to teams below them, four home draws now and that is the reason they will not win the league once again this year.

I'll go one further and state yet again that we will NEVER win the league while Dirk Kuyt is a regular starter.

And I'm beginning to feel we will never win the league with Benitez at the helm either. Really pissed off with our approach to home games and the way we're dropping easy points every other week.

Are Hull the new Newcastle?

Come on Spurs!

tbh this is turning into the year when no one wants to win it. No one grasping the opportunity....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I'll go one further and state yet again that we will NEVER win the league while Dirk Kuyt is a regular starter.

Bit unfair on Kuyt.

The reason Rafa will never win the premeirship is that he is too negative, it is nothing to do with one single player.

Anyway, back to the match:

Thought Alonso, Hyppia and Gerrard were our best players today. Kuyt, Benayoun and Dossena were appalling. Great performance by Hull, I think most teams have figured out how to get points against Liverpool at Anfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

disappointed :(

Good call at half time phb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Lucky that it takes 10 minutes for my laptop to crank up cos I was fcuking fuming. Kuyt shouldve been taken off at the hour mark. Babel and El Zhar coming on I could understand as its fresh legs up front but Lucas on for Masch, a defensive/central midfield switch with 5 minutes to go at 2-2 made me shout at the telly. Id have thought Keane wouldve got his chance.

More points dropped at Anfield against the supposed 'weaker' teams. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Really pissed off with our approach to home games and the way we're dropping easy points every other week.

Ya there is absolutely no need to play Masch in these types of games. Fine next week against Arsenal but not today. One up front is a complete joke but its been the same all season, huffing and puffing but no real cutting edge. Oh to have a fit again Torres around.

Anyway, back to the match:

Thought Alonso, Hyppia and Gerrard were our best players today. Kuyt, Benayoun and Dossena were appalling. Great performance by Hull, I think most teams have figured out how to get points against Liverpool at Anfield.

and that is to score the same amount of goals as us?? or maybe even more than us...bugger, who told em???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

eagle eye wrote: »
    Its quite clear that Benitez is not able to manage a game from the sideline. The fact that Robbie Keane did not get a run today after looking so good midweek is just crazy. He seems more concerned in defence when the game is in play.

To be honest i thought keane was awful for the first 60 mins midweek. Looked very good when psv had to come at us, but before then...?

Still would have liked him on for last 20 tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I think that may be it for Keane at Liverpool.

Bizarre decision from Rafa to leave Kuyt on and Keane on the bench.

But we should have scored 5 or 6 today, our biggest problem is still our wastefulness at home.

I'm not sure if Keane would have made a difference, but one of him, N'Gog oe El Zhar should have started, or at worst been on at 60mins, with Babel on around the same time or 70mins at the latest. Subs on too late!

I thought when Hull scored early it might be the best thing to happen to us, but unfortunately it flattened after the great comeback.

Next week massive. Don't want to be 4 points behind Chelsea within a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Yet another poor performance with baffiling team selection and substitutions this season so far we have only played very well against everton man u and Chelsea it seems they can only get themselves up for the big games ( crowd included) after today I think rafa needs to go home and take a long hard look at himself

after today I think rafa needs to go home and take a long hard look at himself

Yes, he'll go home and say 'Wow, Benayoun was outstanding today.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Honestly don't think we played too badly today. We controlled the game and were just a bit unlucky in the final 3rd... another day we would have put one or two more home. Now we NEED to improve no doubt about that and this is not championship winning form but calls for Rafa's head would be the most insane stupidity possible!

Of course we'd struggle without Torres and Gerrard but wouldn't United without Rooney and Ronaldo??

Poor result but not as bad a performance as has been made out. We do need to get a quality right winger and another actual out and out striker.

• Advertisement

I think that may be it for Keane at Liverpool.

Hopefully.:p

If I was the boss, I'd take the hit, sell him for 10mill if you'd get it and get someone else in who doesn't miss sitters and doesn't complain all the time.

But then if I was the boss I wouldn't have bought him in the first place, particularly not for 20mill at 28yo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yet another poor performance with baffiling team selection and substitutions this season so far we have only played very well against everton man u and Chelsea it seems they can only get themselves up for the big games ( crowd included) after today I think rafa needs to go home and take a long hard look at himself
    I made a point a while back regarding Liverpools record against poorer teams. They play well in all the top four clashes whether results go their way or not, but against the teams that were relegated last season, Liverpool had a pathetic record. Again as I said before I think thats all to do with the lack of width. All premiership teams can stop you coming through the middle for the most part, but if you have width they cannot just protect the centre and thats how the top teams open up a bad defence. Liverpool have consistently failed to do this under Benitez.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Honestly don't think we played too badly today. We controlled the game and were just a bit unlucky in the final 3rd... another day we would have put one or two more home. Now we NEED to improve no doubt about that and this is not championship winning form but calls for Rafa's head would be the most insane stupidity possible!

But its a constant thing against teams of Hulls ilk. We just cant put them away.
    Stoke, West Ham, Fulham and now this. Bit too much of a familiar pattern going on. As was mentioned above, the Liverpool game only seems to be lifted against the Super Toffees, Mancs and Chelski.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

anybody here got a decent live stream of the utd game?? the guys over in the utd thread are useless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

any time Kuyt went out wide he looked twice the player he was in the center, it's bewildering how he stayed there for the 90 really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

why write Keane off so early in his Liverpool career?

it makes no sense and its unrealistic to ask a guy to hit the ground running in a high pressure situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

I wonder are the lads over on leboards.fr up in arms over N'gog not getting a run today. They'd have a stronger case to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭slingerz

shocking stuff. Why wasnt Agger playing seeing as he didnt play midweek either? Thought Keane would have gotten an outing alright to be fair. Drawing to Hull at home and leaving a 20m striker on the bench is crazy but typical Benitez. Michael Owen for 2.5m would be a great deal in January

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    why write Keane off so early in his Liverpool career?

it makes no sense and its unrealistic to ask a guy to hit the ground running in a high pressure situation

I would say the same about virtually every conclusion that folk on this thread have come to...

Advertisement