Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auckland

Options
  • 13-12-2008 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Having spent the last 6 months living in Hamilton, I finally managed to escape to Auckland last night for a night out... all I can say is it was absolutely CLASS!

Started the night down at teh Waterfront and went to a cracking Irish Bar (Danny Doolans) which was packed to the brim and had live music... fantastic atmosphere and great banter! Hit a few spots there and then moved on to some club off Queen St (Globe?)..

Ended the night at 4am absolutely hammered, but had such a great night out! :D Is it always good for nights out or is it just because Im used to the crappy Hamiltron nights out!? :D

Will definitely be going back there! Anyone have any hostel/cheap hotel recommendations? Stayed at F1 Hotel which was pretty damn good, but I reckon theres other places for even cheaper (once theyre not ****-holes!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I've been working in viaduct bars for two years now. The viaduct is picking up right now. Summer is kicking in.

Danny's is great place to go any day of the week. It has live music 7 nights and good food. Age group is nice, no annoying kids.

Globe, well... Globe is hole. It just opened at the weekend, it was closed for a few weeks for renovations. Its a **** hole. Been there a few times, full of back packers young people and minors trying to get in the whole time.

There are some great bars out in Ponsonby and Parnell, they usually kick off on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. If you're looking for some proper clubs try K' Road, ignore the bad rep K' Road has, if you exclude the gay bars there are some good clubs there.

Advertisement