Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT DNS issues?

Options
  • 13-12-2008 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, is anyone having issues connecting to quite a lot of websites/services today using BT broadband? I can't access quite a lot of my fave sites, nor can I access Steam. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Don't see an issue here.
    An NSlookup using an Esat nameserver 192.111.39.4 to lookup www.steampowered.com works.

To test yourself:
    Replace "www.steampowered.com" with whatever address you are having problems with.

Start\Run\Cmd
    nslookup

server 192.11.39.4

[url]www.steampowered.com[/url]

Results I received are
    > server 192.111.39.4
    Default Server:  ns2.ns.esat.net
    Address:  192.111.39.4

> www.steampowered.com
    Server:  ns2.ns.esat.net
    Address:  192.111.39.4

Non-authoritative answer:
    Name:    www.steampowered.com
    Addresses:  63.228.223.100, 63.228.223.107

Then to try an eircom server to see if there is any difference
    server 159.134.237.6

www.steampowered.com

Also try pinging the server's ip address. If you see 127.0.0.1 being returned, then it may be a virus that's going around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Hmm, this worked fine but I still can't access steam or steampowered.com

*hmm, ok never mind. Something really strange here as my missus can connect to all the sites I can't via the wireless connection.

Advertisement