Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job problem

Options
  • 13-12-2008 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi . I just wanted to get advice what to do because I have quite ugly situation on my job.

Basicly I was working as sales representetive for security sales company (I was self employed and worked on comission) but in reality it wasnt self employed job because we had to be in office every day in certain times and go wherever we were told etc. but thats not the point here.

I am not originaly from Ireland so I had little issue at the start with my payments. As I am student and I was looking only for job for 3 months I didnt have my bank account open when I started the job. (I am EU citizen ) so my sales company owner told he would pay me in cash because when I asked can funds go into my mothers Bank Of Ireland acc they said its no possible. So It was allright for few weeks, but bussines was not going very well in Limerick so we moved to Dublin. At first I was told that I will be paid for accomodation and so on, but once we started to work there permanently ( we were sharing same aprtment with my boss and my workmates) he started to charge for rent from 1st november , which was fine and understandable.

But few weeks ago he asked to leave job ( just few days after I paid rent 720euros ) 360 for november and 360 deposit. When I asked for my deposit money and salary he had to pay me for current week (and next week as well) he said he will sort it out and pay me then. So I went back to limerick to my mothers house.

And now when I try to call him / text him he is just ignoring my calls and doesnt want to pay my salary (which I have contract where is stated that I am supposed to get 130euros for each sale I make) as well as my deposit money. What should I do or where should I go?

Thanks for reading and suggestions.

Advertisement