Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Exhaust Emissions

Options
  • 13-12-2008 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I failed the emissions on the nct recently, I have a twin exhaust set up and was wondering how much of a difference a modified exhaust makes on the emissions of a car. I passed on low idle but on high idle i was about 10 times over. Are there any quick fixes for emissions for the nct or am I screwed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Dont see an exhaust as the problem here though it will take a few seconds for the levels to drop due to the bore.

Most testers wrap a cloth around the pipe or probe deep in the exhaust. Blocking the second pipe would make it a single exit exhaust.

Details are needed here.

• What type of car?
    • Make Model?
    • Modifications?
    • Last Service?
    • The exact Co2 readings from the test
    • Any known faults
    • Fuel consumption a little high?
    • Have you run a diagnostic to see if the sensors are ok or any fault codes?
    • N/A or turbo
    • Any air leaks in any of the intake hoses/Pipes?

As for quick fixes dont do quick fixes. Quick fixes cause more problems, Fix it once and fix it right.

Advertisement