Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Auto Electrician/ICE installer-Dublin area

Options
  • 13-12-2008 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good Auto Electrician/ICE installer, preferably in the South Dublin area?

I had an aftermarket Blaupunkt installed last week, and am not really happy with the wiring. Basically, the factory fit ISO power lead is configured differently the the ISO sockets on the rear of the aftermarket stereo (even though the factory fit stereo is also installed by Blaupunkt) and while the stereo works, it doesn't have any 'memory' so looks like there is no permanent 12v supply. I wasn't really happy with the original installation, so would prefer to try someone else. I figure it requires some sort of tomfoolery that I am not really up to myself to get it working right.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,324 ✭✭✭✭Esel

If the radio is losing the preset stations when the ignition is switched off, you just need to swap the red and yellow wires.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

esel wrote: »
    If the radio is losing the preset stations when the ignition is switched off, you just need to swap the red and yellow wires.

Nope. That's fine. Stuff like

-CD track memory (if you switch the car off and you are at track 6, when you switch it back on, it starts at 1 again)
    - Ditto for CD Changer
    - Fails to recognise USB input (memory stick) after recognising it initially
    - Clock resets to 00:00 every time you switch off the car
    - Stereo fails to start on starting the car (even if it was left on when you switched the car off)

I've got plenty of advice on other forums about fiddling with the wiring, but I'm just not up to it myself TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Nope. That's fine. Stuff like

-CD track memory (if you switch the car off and you are at track 6, when you switch it back on, it starts at 1 again)
    - Ditto for CD Changer
    - Fails to recognise USB input (memory stick) after recognising it initially
    - Clock resets to 00:00 every time you switch off the car
    - Stereo fails to start on starting the car (even if it was left on when you switched the car off)

I've got plenty of advice on other forums about fiddling with the wiring, but I'm just not up to it myself TBH.

They're all connected problems, like the other poster said, take out the radio and swap the red and yellow wires at the connecter block

Advertisement