Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Window washers

Options
  • 13-12-2008 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Hi, just got a Bmw 320d [01 pre facelift] and the window washer doesnt work, this is a major problem as i use it all the time!

It makes a noise as so that part seems to work, but nothing comes out of the jets. No change in the water level so its not a leak or break in the pipe.Would it be clogged somewhere in the bottle?

Any advise would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Sounds like you need to clean your lines. Start with the nozel on the bonnet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

use a needle to clean them out - ohh if yer trying this on a frosty morning then they are probably frozen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Mine did this last week fix was needle to the jets and pop up thr bonnet that cleared whatever was blocking it!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

Thanks for the replies so far, didnt do this on a frosty morning so that wasnt the problem!

I already stuck a needle into the jets and it did nothing, would i need to take it apart and try locate the blockage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Take out the lines and connect to a compressed air tyre pump that they have at most filling stations. give 1 or 2 quick blasts, that should clear it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement