Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Female driving habit or what?

Options
  • 13-12-2008 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭

It's mildly puzzled me for a while -- nearly every time I see a car with a young female driver, she always seems to be steering with a hand on the top dead centre of the steering wheel, even in an SUV that she can hardle see over the dash of. No-one could have proper control of the vehicle like that. Perhaps some of the female boardsies could educate me. Is this just a fashion, or is there some good reason for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,324 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I'm sure you are exaggerating somewhat......

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

ART6 wrote: »
    even in an SUV

no young female drives an suv, its normally an olderwomen drivin demon spawns to school!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

spaceball.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I sometime's drive like that, cos i think it makes me look cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

No they dont.....

driving.gif4380568.jpeg42-17533041.jpg%3Fsize%3D572%26uid%3D%257BB89F2191-C8F9-4EDB-8FA6-254253515B3C%257Dszj156061.jpg42-18326779.jpg%3Fsize%3D572%26uid%3D%257BA1EA850C-D980-4CB3-A07C-50773449286C%257D

Guys do it as well though. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

normally young lads in a golf......:eek: or a
    souped up glanza hee hee :pac:

minxie1 wrote: »
    normally young lads in a golf......:eek:

:eek:

:eek:

Especially Silver Golfs

Berty wrote: »
    Especially Silver Golfs

Phew, thank god mine is black...er....*cough cough*:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Sure everyone does that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

how about: resting your hand on your knee, other hand can do anything else, while using your little or other finger(s) to keep the car going straight or making little movements as the road goes :eek:

How about trying to steer with your mind!! Beem your thoughts to your car! thats what hamilton does ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,997 ✭✭✭✭L1011

how about: resting your hand on your knee, other hand can do anything else, while using your little or other finger(s) to keep the car going straight or making little movements as the road goes :eek:

How about trying to steer with your mind!! Beem your thoughts to your car! thats what hamilton does ?

Thats entirely possible, if a bit unsafe, in a car with electric power steering...

Especially Silver Golfs
    and Honda Civics, and looking out through that gap between the steering wheel and the dashboard:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

<BMW Driver>
    I prefer using my knee to operate the steering wheel on straight stretches and gentle bends. A tweak of the streering wheel spoke with my little finger and a jab of accelerator is enough to negotiate the tightest of corners or tightest overtaking spots. This is why I can't also operate the indicator stalk.
    </BMW Driver>
    :P

Owenw wrote: »
    <BMW Driver>
    I prefer using my knee to operate the steering wheel on straight stretches and gentle bends. A tweak of the streering wheel spoke with my little finger and a jab of accelerator is enough to negotiate the tightest of corners or tightest overtaking spots. This is why I can't also operate the indicator stalk.
    </BMW Driver>
    :P

rwd does come in handy

I'm now remembering "a certain someone" driving from the back seat, using a few sticks and string :D

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭richiepoorman

It's not just the one hand on the steering wheel, the other hand with the mobile pressed to the ear that's the problem. Also, they can't seem to stop at pedestrain or pelican crossings, even more so if there is someone on it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

It's not just the one hand on the steering wheel, the other hand with the mobile pressed to the ear that's the problem. Also, they can't seem to stop at pedestrain or pelican crossings, even more so if there is someone on it.:D
    Add to the list: holding the mirror with the hand on top of the steering wheel, and applying make-up.

I'm now remembering "a certain someone" driving from the back seat, using a few sticks and string :D

Or this guy. When I see a woman doing this I will run her into the ditch.

You never know it might happen. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Yeah, its because women are such lousy drivers that their insurance is higher and ..... oh wait......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

is their insurance lower because when there applying makeup there driving (a micra!!) at 5mph in traffic so a crash wouldnt cause that much damage (a lower claim) but when a man is driving he crashes way over the speed limit and rights off 3 cars (higher claim)??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

bladebrew wrote: »
    is their insurance lower because when there applying makeup there driving (a micra!!) at 5mph in traffic so a crash wouldnt cause that much damage (a lower claim) but when a man is driving he crashes way over the speed limit and rights off 3 cars (higher claim)??

Well, which would you rather be hit by?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Silverfish wrote: »
    Well, which would you rather be hit by?

ok good point,i would take the 5mph driver!
    actually any women i know are good drivers!! some i dont know are a bit dodgy

Huge generalization below!!!
    Women have accidents by accident "driving incompetence"

Men have accidents by roll of dice "less actual incompetence but they know there is the chance and do it anyway"

Flame me!!! :D

Huge generalization below!!!
    Women have accidents by accident "driving incompetence"

Men have accidents by roll of dice "less actual incompetence but they know there is the chance and do it anyway"

Flame me!!! :D

I flame you, good sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

As we now have posters flaming themselves (that has to be a first :D) I think I can safely say that this thread has reached closeworthyness (was never really a runner anyway)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement