Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from AH for 6 months!!!

Options
  • 13-12-2008 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭

I was banned from after hours for six months by Terry.

I wish to contest this ban. The reason given for my ban was that i encouraged the use of illegal drugs. I did not. I linked to a site where some guy claims to have gotten high off petrol vapours. As you know petrol is not illegal.

I made a few other joke comments, which to be fair seem generally to be accepted in after hours as there were many other people making them aswell.I said nothing worse than what everyone else was saying.

Six months is an extremely long time (if my jokes were out of line i could have recieved a warning). I wish to have this ban overturned, or at the very least reduced to a reasonable amount of time.

thanks,
    VM.

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Looking at your ban history: this is your third ban from AH in just over a month. I think the fact that your ban is only six months long is probably testament to Terry's leniency. Most other mods would probably insist on a permanent ban from the forum at this stage.

The reason he gave for your ban is, 'Trolling, suggesting people sniff petrol and continued thread spoiling after being banned for the same thing.'

Do you wish to contest this ban reason? If you do, you'll need to back up your contention with something tangible.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Your ban was reasoned thus: Trolling, suggesting people sniff petrol and continued thread spoiling after being banned for the same thing.

This isn't your first ban from Afterhours. You were banned in November for 2 weeks, in December for 1 week and this is your third ban. Usually your third ban is permanent, quite lucky it's only 6 months tbh.

Also, you have a ban in the Racing Sims forum for spam and you were banned in September from PI for unhelpful posting. This leads me to believe that you wouldn't benefit from a shorter ban and the forum will not benefit from it either.

/dammit hulla!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Do you wish to contest this ban reason? If you do, you'll need to back up your contention with something tangible.

like what?

It was the post referencing the inhalation of petrol vapours that got me banned.Petrol is not illegal, therefore no rules were broken.

Yes i made a few joke comments but they have always been accepted in after hours and i'm not the only one who makes them. I was not doing any trolling.

I can't access my after hours posts, but i'd like if someone went over my posts and showed me exactly where i broke the rules so the ban can be justified. I cannot see any breeches of the rules, therefore i think the ban is unjust.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

vinylmesh wrote: »
    It was the post referencing the inhalation of petrol vapours that got me banned.Petrol is not illegal, therefore no rules were broken.

Except perhaps, the rule of common sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Except perhaps, the rule of common sense?

The post was an obvious joke. Also if you clicked on the link the guy clearly said how inhaling petrol fumes destroyed his brain and how no-one should ever do it.

My previous ban from AH was also by terry. I was banned for saying "YORE MA", hardly fair for a ban (as it is a standard after hours response, simmilar to atari jaguar in polls), but seeing as it was only for a week i kept quiet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement