Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CF memory cards

• 13-12-2008 5:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭

any one know the best place to get them? looking at the 1gb to maybe 4gb...

ill be looking at buying a ****e load as ill be using them like tapes in my video camera....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

I find these guys to be pretty reasonable...

Full list of Compact Flash cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

1GB wont give you very much video. Also make sure you get one thats fast enough for your camera. Personally I would buy a 16GB or even 32GB high/medium speed one. What video camera?

Boo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭afatbollix

its a bullet camera with a porbable recorder... 8megs a second recording... theres a 2 gig card for £8 on that site above.. it says it can write at 20meg/sec so that should be ok right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Should be ok although the figures quoted with cards are usually max.

Your camera fills 8Mb/s (megabits per second) so that is One Megabyte per Second. This will mean you should get 2,000 seconds (33mins) of video on 2GB card. But these cards usually hold less than 2GB

Boo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

MX2

• Advertisement
Advertisement