Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania - trying to stay calm

Options
  • 13-12-2008 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes.

After some research I decided to buy this samsung 26"monitor/tuner
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/r/syncmaster-t260hd
    as pixmania were the cheapest and I had bought two smaller items from them previously, with no problems.

I placed my order on 3rd Dec and on 4th Dec my order status was
    "Your order has been successfully placed."
    "Your order has been validated by our Customer Service."
    "Your package is ready to be sent. Please find your package number below."

But there was no package number. Every day since I have checked with no further update available. The site says the item is in stock.

I have contacted them three times with a number of queries but each time I get this response

"Your order has been prepared and is scheduled for delivery. As soon as your parcel is dispatched we will send you an e-mail with confirmation of the tracking number so you will be able to follow your order online with DHL.
    Thank you for your comprehension and patience.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us."

So is it normal for pixmania to take 9 days to package an item? At this stage my comprehension and patience is practically extinct.

Am i better off cancelling the order and going with Komplett?

Sorry for the rant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

this sounds very familiar to what happened with my order.
    Mine even said it was dispatched but the tracking number was never validated from the courier, so basically the item was never dispatched.

I contacted Pixmania loads of times and each time they fobbed me off with some crap about an 'investigation' into the item to see if it is lost.

I demanded my money back and then they started to cop on a bit. Eventually, after about 5 weeks of grief I received the item but I will never use Pixmania again, it just aint worth it, low prices or not, never again.

So, play hard ball with them, demand your money back and don't take their bull on the phone.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

I had a problem similar with a different company recently. They never informed the item was actually out of stock and a week after I placed my order I queried why it had not been dispatched.
    It was only then i got the reply that it was out of stock and i wouldn't receive it untill late January.
    It's so annoying they can't give the basic info most companies will give you.
    I cancelled my order and placed another with ebay instead.

Email them and demand when you can expect the product delivered, state to them if they cannot give you an estimated delivery date that you want to cancel your order.

IMAO your'e prob better to go else where if they fob you off again. (if youre patient enough to wait for the reply!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Tester46

jen_23 wrote: »
    I had a problem similar with a different company recently. They never informed the item was actually out of stock and a week after I placed my order I queried why it had not been dispatched.
    It was only then i got the reply that it was out of stock and i wouldn't receive it untill late January.
    It's so annoying they can't give the basic info most companies will give you.
    I cancelled my order and placed another with ebay instead.

Email them and demand when you can expect the product delivered, state to them if they cannot give you an estimated delivery date that you want to cancel your order.

IMAO your'e prob better to go else where if they fob you off again. (if youre patient enough to wait for the reply!!)

I had a similar problem with Pixmania. Also had problems with PurelyGadgets.com, Komplett, Elara - they all have their problems and they all lie through their teeth from time to time. It seem to be the price we have to pay for cheaper prices.

Pixmanai seem to be much much worse than average though if you see comments on the internet about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

had to cancel an order too, because it went from in stock when I placed the order, to 8-10 days, which is too late as it is an xmas present, had to cancel the order, just the standardised reply emails, no apologies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

and now I have to go pay shop price becuase it's probably too late to get it posted from another uk site

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

Pixmania are part of the DSG group. AKA Dixons / PC World / Currys.

Are you REALLY surprised you have service problems with a company that's part of DSG?

Try and find one single person who says good things about DSG service / insurance plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭losttheplot

Thanks for replies - I meant to comment sooner.

After all the complaints (unanswered) the monitor actually arrived on Christmas eve. But the box was partially open. Anyway I finished unwrapping the monitor to find it in perfect condition. It has been working brilliantly since. Anyway lesson learnt - I will be avoiding pixmania from now on and sticking with either dabs or komplett for any future purchases.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Good stuff.

Pixmania were shyte for customer service BEFORE Dixons/Currys bought them 2 years ago and much to my surprise (not) :( they are still shyte .

They are dire for returns !

Komplett are an orde of magnitude better and Dabs are nearer Komplett than Pixmania .

Advertisement