Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork city Gyms

Options
  • 13-12-2008 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

should be in cork from 29th to 2nd and was looking for a good gym where i could just go in and pay there and then,looking for a gym with a good bench press preferably a smiths machine and good selection of weights and cables.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eddie_Vedder

Can ya not go 3 days without pumpin' iron?

The locker Room on Washington St. should be good for a pay as you go.
    Its beside Reardens pub. I know cos i'm massive, like.
    it would be 6 days when you think of it,never go on a sunday leave on the monday back late friday night

so na would wanna get myself to a gym there for 2 of the 4 days i'm there if possible

cheers i'll look into that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 j2hig

should be in cork from 29th to 2nd and was looking for a good gym where i could just go in and pay there and then,looking for a gym with a good bench press preferably a smiths machine and good selection of weights and cables.

There are plenty of good gyms around cork. Check out Leisure world in Bishopstown and Knocknaheeney. There are also decent gyms in any of the hotles about the place. The planet aswell by blackpool is meant to be pretty good

cheers mate,just curious though i'm staying at a travelodge at Black Ash
    Kinsale Road Roundabout, Frankfield Road any gyms located near there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 j2hig

Thats a fair bit out man....dunno if the hotel up in the airport has a gym or not. Your nearest bet other than that would be town (city centre) which would be the locker room on washinton street. Togher is near the kinsale road round about so you could check there for gyms. Its a bit of a hole tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

If your out there at the kinsale road round about the closest and easiest to get to i reckon would be leisureworld in bishopstown. U'd get there in like 5mins cuz its just straight out dual carriageway and there'd be no hassle with parking and all as as there would in the city.

j2hig wrote: »
    Thats a fair bit out man....dunno if the hotel up in the airport has a gym or not. Your nearest bet other than that would be town (city centre) which would be the locker room on washinton street. Togher is near the kinsale road round about so you could check there for gyms. Its a bit of a hole tho!
    it's only 2 miles out according to google map that's nothing for me,i walk more than that most days,even from there though would it be easy enough to get taxis whenever we need them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

ya i suppose it would be. U probably wouldn't flag down any like, u have to call them but ya in a taxi u'd be into the city in like 5mins or less even

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 137 ✭✭Pi^2

Sorry Mr Eddie Vedder (if its really you Ten And Vs are wicked cheers) , don't know why no one has mentioned the Mardyke Arena to you. Its the Athletics Track/ Gym next to UCC. All the top quality machines you could ever need. Very direct route from Frankfield to the Mardyke ("motorway" from one to the other like). Just hit it up on Google Maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭magooly

Pi^2 wrote: »
    Sorry Mr Eddie Vedder (if its really you Ten And Vs are wicked cheers) , don't know why no one has mentioned the Mardyke Arena to you. Its the Athletics Track/ Gym next to UCC. All the top quality machines you could ever need. Very direct route from Frankfield to the Mardyke ("motorway" from one to the other like). Just hit it up on Google Maps.

probably b/c you cant use the facilities as a guest, member only or accompanied by one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement