Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Demmel out of Machine Head

• 13-12-2008 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

MACHINE HEAD guitarist Phil Demmel collapsed onstage earlier tonight (Friday, December 12) during the second-to-last song of the band's performance in Sheffield, England.

Says singer Robb Flynn, "He's doing much better now and taking it easy. As Phil has mentioned before, the doctors say he suffers from episodes of Cardiogenic Syncope and has for the last 17 years or so. We're all a little worried here in our camp, but Phil genuinely wants to carry on. It is a bit unclear to us as to why these keep happening, but at Phil's request, we will finish out all these dates through to METALLICA in L.A. [on December 17 and December 18]"

The band adds in a statement: "MACHINE HEAD wish to extend our gratitude to the good people of Sheffield for their support and for being so understanding at the end of our show. MACHINE HEAD are still set to perform with Demmel at the last two remaining stops in Antwerp and Luxembourg."

This has happened before, and with Machine Head touring straight after Christmas, and coming back to the UK next Feb and March with Metallica then surely plans have to be put in place for a replacement to stand in the wings? I'm hopeful the lineup continues but I would rather see MH without Demmel than not see them at all supporting Metallica

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Thread title is a little misleading!! Do you work for UltimateGuitar.com? :PThey are pros in that area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Rockee wrote: »
    Thread title is a little misleading!! Do you work for UltimateGuitar.com? :PThey are pros in that area.

or blabbermouth:D

hope he gets sorted,was really looking forward to seeing machine head next month with metallica.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Hope he gets well soon, Machine head are still one of my favorite bands even though I don't listen to much metal anymore. One of the best IMO:

Advertisement