Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windsock?

Options
  • 13-12-2008 6:01pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is Windsock actually banned or is it just one of those mod things where you can change everything in your avatar?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=98411
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

She asked to be banned temporarily for her own reasons.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

She was banned at her own request. Real life stuff, methinks. It's not permanent, she'll be back when she's good and ready.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

She was banned at her own request. Real life stuff, methinks. It's not permanent, she'll be back when she's good and ready.

Could she not simply not post?

Thanks for replies.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Yeah, she probably could just not post...kind of the same way I could just not smoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Thanks for replies.

This place can be kinda addictive and very distracting when you have other stuff that needs your attention. Quite a few people ask to be banned so they will stop procrastinating and do more studying when they have exams coming up for example

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Nah, boards is too addictive. :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Yeah, she probably could just not post...kind of the same way I could just not smoke.

Fair enough.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Thanks for replies.

It's not uncommon, other people have done it before. WS tried to stay away but still had read-access. She's had an additional ban slapped on her for Rec and Soc, so now she can't even see them. No willpower that girl. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Zaph wrote: »
    It's not uncommon, other people have done it before. WS tried to stay away but still had read-access. She's had an additional ban slapped on her for Rec and Soc, so now she can't even see them. No willpower that girl. :D

*looks and checks this is under sys*

Hi Windsock o/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Windsock is hawt

• Advertisement

She can still read all posts in Rec & Soc without logging in though.

correct.

i should know. I spent some time on the outside looking in

snyper wrote: »
    I spent some time on the outside looking in

From the bushes?

True, but we're trusting her not to. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

orestes wrote: »
    This place can be kinda addictive and very distracting when you have other stuff that needs your attention. Quite a few people ask to be banned so they will stop procrastinating and do more studying when they have exams coming up for example
    I did this before, sort of worked but as pointed out I just read threads while not logged in. Wonder if Windsock set up a second account yet? Not that I did, but I did consider it at one stage of my ban (so pathetic...)
    snyper wrote: »
    Windsock is hawt

pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Internet Addiction Disorder.

Another soldier lost to this terrible disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Because I was pretty sure it was for this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57984498 even though the league of bastards in fact did list the ban as a request by WindSock.

pics?

no.
    I believe i groped her or/and her boyfriend at a boards beers a while back.

Overheal wrote: »
    Because I was pretty sure it was for this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57984498 even though the league of bastards in fact did list the ban as a request by WindSock.

No it was a requested banning. Besides I doubt calling another poster a dickhead would have earned her a permanent siteban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Internet Addiction Disorder.

Another soldier lost to this terrible disease.
    Yep. I'm supposed to be in the pub now, but I can't seem to move away from the pc.

Cans rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

javaboy wrote: »
    No it was a requested banning. Besides I doubt calling another poster a dickhead would have earned her a permanent siteban.

especially when she is right!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Jules wrote: »
    especially when she is right!

haha, yeah.

If she called me a dickhead, I would have pulled off my belt and whipped her, but obviously the admins just burnt her bigstyle by banning her.

After all, climate expert is right about everything.

Overheal wrote: »

It was just coincidental that the two things happened around the same time and a lot of people thought the same thing. The fact of the matter is that Climate Expert is a dickhead and as such WindSock could hardly be banned for telling the truth now, could she?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

You can now call people abusive names if it's the truth.
    Noted down.

Noted down.

10 separate forum bans covering 7 different forums and a site ban, all since the end of July. If that's not a dickhead I don't know what is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Noted down.
    [friendly advice]
    Probably not a good idea to test that hypothesis on boards..
    [/friendly advice]

SteveC wrote: »
    [friendly advice]
    Probably not a good idea to test that hypothesis on boards..
    [/friendly advice]

I know :)

10 separate forum bans covering 7 different forums and a site ban, all since the end of July. If that's not a dickhead I don't know what is.

This guy:

http://www.boards.ie/vbullet....cnut

• Advertisement

I think you got a linkage failure there Johnny Boy

Advertisement