Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micro SD problem!!!

• 13-12-2008 6:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭

okay so got a new phone this morning...needed a cheap alternative because i broke my phone last night so i got a samsung sgh j700v...

all was good until i tried to put my memory card in the phone and it made the phone freeze.......:( im just wondering if any one else has had any mishaps with this phone or anything similar happened

i must say that the memory card was involved in the drowning accident that took my last phone (RIP) but i was informed by a friend working in Vodafone that there should be no problems with the SD card still working....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i saw the same thing happen with multiple samsung u600s last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

anything on the card? Try reformatting it before putting it in the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

brim4brim wrote: »
    anything on the card? Try reformatting it before putting it in the phone.

yeah its packed with all my photos and videos and mp3s that were on my old phone.....and thats about a year's worth of stuff.id prefer not to reformat the card if i can...

Well you can copy it off it first so you won't loose.

The reason I ask you to format it is I suspect that the phone probably wants to do something to the card that it can't do if there is stuff on it especially if it is full.

brim4brim wrote: »
    Well you can copy it off it first so you won't loose.

The reason I ask you to format it is I suspect that the phone probably wants to do something to the card that it can't do if there is stuff on it especially if it is full.

cant take it off the card either.when i connect it up to a USB reader it and connect it to my laptop it asks me to format it for my laptop.so there doesn't seem to be any way around it...

• Advertisement

You could probably transmit the files over bluetooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

how big is the memory card?

metalfest wrote: »
    how big is the memory card?

2gb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

your new phone might not be able to handle that much,

metalfest wrote: »
    your new phone might not be able to handle that much,

well i know that it takes 1 gb... and the fact that my laptop wont properly recognise the 2gb through a USB reader makes me think that its borked :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement