Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bad experience with micra drivers

Options
  • 13-12-2008 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Has anyone else had a bad experience with a nissan micra driver
    ive had 4 in one week!
    now ive started watching the driving habits of micra drivers and its scary stuff!
    is there an unwritten rule that if your a bad driver then you buy a micra, like a secret code
    now i am not saying anything bad about nissan micras cos they are good cars very reliable,
    just dont understand how most people driving them cant drive at all
    Am i alone on this , or has it happened to anyone else
    maybe micradrivers are just after me!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Yeah and dont get me started on those mondeo, c class, 320d, 330i, 520d, colt, fiesta, corsa, punto, a4, a3, a8, a6........drivers, nutters:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

i feel your pain.

micra drivers are rubbish. the 4 doored ones are the worst.

they are little and can barely see over the dashboard and probably can reach the pedals either.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Yes i have. I told this story here before.
    Scene : Mad traffic, moving inch by inch. Coming up to a roundabout

Eventually i get to the roundabout, and the only way for me to make progress was to move out and just inch away through. Out i go anyway (going straight on, massive amounts of cars going left, no1 moving.
    Next thing i hear this beeping
    "What the f3ck is that" says i.
    Look to my left only to see a Micra beeping at me. Literally i couldn't see the driver. Bemused, i sit up a bit higher only to see the owld one, about 4 foot, blasting her little Micra horn at me giving me the two fingers.

Haha. I gave her a big middle finger, and burnt a few hundred miles worth of thread off my tyre's. Ould bag won't do it again haha;)

Another story. Myself and the mother going out the dual carrage way heading to Ennis, doing the 60mph. Next thing these two nun look-a-like's fly past in their Micra. The mother, being the woman she is says "Cheek of them two" and speeds up to pass them out. Eventually passes them out, sigh of relief. Only to look in front of us to see our friendly Gardaí with their gun out.

F3cking nana's in their f3cking Micra's:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

if your actually looking at micra drivers waiting for a mistake you will find one. Wonder how everyone else driving behind you finds your driving if your concentrating so much on others driving how can ya concentrate on your own driving.
    Delighted last posters ma got caught speeding. Just cos someone passes you out is no reason to get pissy and pass them out. Whats the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

What this thread needs is more generalizations!!

• Advertisement

seanybiker wrote: »
    Just cos someone passes you out is no reason to get pissy and pass them out. Whats the point.

She never actually got caught, they were on the bridge crossing to Bunratty. Must not of seen her. No need to get all sensible on our laughing at Mirca's parade.

micmclo wrote: »
    What this thread needs is more generalizations!!
    micras are noddy cars

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

CDfm wrote: »
    micras are noddy cars

FTW!
    noddy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Usually micra drivers drive along in 1st and second gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

JackFrosty wrote: »
    Has anyone else had a bad experience with a nissan micra driver
    ive had 4 in one week!
    now ive started watching the driving habits of micra drivers and its scary stuff!
    is there an unwritten rule that if your a bad driver then you buy a micra, like a secret code
    now i am not saying anything bad about nissan micras cos they are good cars very reliable,
    just dont understand how most people driving them cant drive at all
    Am i alone on this , or has it happened to anyone else
    maybe micradrivers are just after me!!!!!!!!!

My first car was a 92 nissan Micra box shape k10. I was perused one night in an emergency trip to the hospital by a guard on his way to work.

He was not impressed and i lost him for a little bit. I just thought the person flashing there headlights was upset i overtook at 75mph them and was a little bit worried about something else at the time.

To this day i always wanted a march st or the K10/K11 1.3litre.

• Advertisement

sad so sad

My first car was a 92 nissan Micra box shape k10. I was perused one night in an emergency trip to the hospital by a guard on his way to work.

He was not impressed and i lost him for a little bit. I just thought the person flashing there headlights was upset i overtook at 75mph them and was a little bit worried about something else at the time.

Lol i can't resist but to laugh haha. If i was the gardaí i would of prosecuted your ass haha:D

Thats good because the lower you set your goals and aspirations the smaller the fall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭JackFrosty

thank god i am not alone, seanybiker you musta got outa wrong side of bed today! i drive a truck and can drive it very well thanks!!!!!! happy xmas to ya!!!!!

Berty wrote: »
    Thats good because the lower you set your goals and aspirations the smaller the fall.

My last car was 2.0litre turbo rwd and also a nissan:D

MARCH ST video again

First production twin charged engine.

My last car was 2.0litre turbo rwd and also a nissan:D

MARCH ST video again
    First production twin charged engine.

You only need the letters at the end of the link, stupid, i know.

Actually, just watching that video, i think the lad descirbes it perfectly.

"Kabu ja ja, kabu, kabu jaja." Which means in my best translating skills "Pointless car. Pointless, pointless car":P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

OP about time someone else spotted those mad micra drivers ;)

The 4ft thing is not a generalisation btw, its fact, sure didn't the lads working on the Large Hadron Collider prove it there only a couple of weeks ago!

Ah Micra drivers aint that bad, now Punto drivers, they are the worst.
    Has anyone EVER seen a boxy punto that isn't dented in at least one place???

Sure while we're at it, those cinqocentos, I'm always afraid of passing one in case the tissue paper that surrounds it rips! ;)

Good on ya OP :D:D:D

You only need the letters at the end of the link, stupid, i know.

Thanks

@ Berite tbh an ST or turbo micra is quite an ask. There a very rare car and will be a collectors item.

A quirky piece of Japanese 80s Group B madness.

lafors wrote: »
    Sure while we're at it, those cinqocentos, I'm always afraid of passing one in case the tissue paper that surrounds it rips! ;)

Good on ya OP :D:D:D

Handy little toasters them. And as my taller friends used to call them *cough*cun-t-to-get-int-a's(say it fast:P)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

@ Berite tbh an ST or turbo micra is quite an ask. There a very rare car and will be a collectors item.

A quirky piece of Japanese 80s Group B madness.

I saw one chap with two for sale on carzone about a month ago, I never even knew they existed until that point!!!

Really really cool car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F43fNZUVB8

What the hell!!!

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    I saw one chap with two for sale on carzone about a month ago, I never even knew they existed until that point!!!

Really really cool car

108bhp 96ft-lb of torque in a tin shell that weighs about the same as me. An engine that was reduced from 998cc to 995cc to compete in Group B.

Its just madness for its day and even now.

The one in the above link vs a supra is modified quite heavily.

just watched that video!!! still dont like micradrivers!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

Lol at the muppet racers in those Micras, get a real car like an M3.

The Tree fared better 1st time out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

I was perused one night in an emergency trip to the hospital by a guard on his way to work.

You mean that he just looked closely at you :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

Micras
    there is a reason why people drive these 1.0 litre cars. They have not the ability to drive on public roads. They were taught to operate the controls of a car in and around housing estates, they were then given a licence to drive as they proved they could reverse around a corner without stalling the engine. Now these drivers are allowed (not able) to use our public highways in all weather conditions and any time day or night. Its not all micra drivers but does seem to be quite a lot of them out there that seem to attract the ire of ordinary drivers.
    I was stuck behind a micra driver earlier who drove at 29- 31 mph in a 100k zone for 15 miles with no consideration for anybody behind them.
    At least some tractors will pull in to let cars by
    The old adage rings true- Small car = small driving ability

Btw i hate speeders , I hate lunatic boy and girl /racers. drink drivers etc

p.s spare me the pious blather about generalising/tarring al with one brush/ its a limit not a target etc etc

pipsqueak wrote: »
    The old adage rings true- Small car = small driving ability

If I buy a GTi golf or similar will I straight away become a bad driver.
    Polo Gti
    Fiesta ST
    etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

I have respect for the gti, no respect for people who cause other drivers to overtake unnecesairly just to drive near to or at the limit
    anyone who can drive with regard for other road users has my respect!

If your a driver who cant keep up with the flow or traffic for whatever reason pull in/get more lessons/give up.:mad:

berty are you telling us you become a bad driver in those cars!!!!!!!
    only joking im sure your not

• Advertisement

JackFrosty wrote: »
    berty are you telling us you become a bad driver in those cars!!!!!!!
    only joking im sure your not

Sorry, I edited my last post. I have been drinking a little. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement