Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bad experience with micra drivers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭JackFrosty

we could start on the price of drink and the smoking ban and the fact that its much cheaper to drink at home on a sat night and all that but im tired and could,nt be bothered tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭woodseb

completely agree, micra's are the bane of the my life and i now play a game of trying to spot one with out any dents in it - it's quiet difficult

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56508199&postcount=10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

JackFrosty wrote: »
    we could start on the price of drink and the smoking ban and the fact that its much cheaper to drink at home on a sat night and all that but im tired and could,nt be bothered tonight
    Research shows that you can run a Nissan Micra for less than the cost of a packet of fags a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Its just the new bubble-shaped micras that are the trouble. anyone who buys one of those probably has a few screws loose anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭FreeFallin

I could not agree with the OP more! There is just something with them.. and i think we are all allowed to make generalistions here because seriously 99.9% of micra drivers are loopers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭richiepoorman

It's not just Micra drivers, how about women in large SUV's who think that the pavement is an extention of the road and that pedestrians are idiots in their way and deserve to be mowed down. :mad:

Berty wrote: »
    Sorry, I edited my last post. I have been drinking a little. :rolleyes:
    and thought you owned a micra- its understandable - my friend Paddy thinks he is a bus and makes all the noises when he is lashed. But he is a bus driver.

A micra driver. Thats sad.

Maybe a micra driver can come on here and stand up for themselves
    explain to us why they are such [EMAIL="sh@ite"]sh@ite[/EMAIL] drivers who havent a clue what they are doing

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

explain to us why they are such [EMAIL="sh@ite"]sh@ite[/EMAIL] drivers who havent a clue what they are doing

My neighbour has a BMW 3 series and his GF has a 97 micra. He is out of work so now they just run the one car, the micra. He says he is so embarrassed to drive it. He says more people let him out in the BMW and people generally treat him differently on the roads. In the micra he does not get given a chance. If the lights go green and he takes longer than 1 second to move they blow him out of it and he tested it in the BMW and nobody blows the horn.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

My neighbour has a BMW 3 series and his GF has a 97 micra. He is out of work so now they just run the one car, the micra. He says he is so embarrassed to drive it. He says more people let him out in the BMW and people generally treat him differently on the roads. In the micra he does not get given a chance. If the lights go green and he takes longer than 1 second to move they blow him out of it and he tested it in the BMW and nobody blows the horn.

Hah that's funny but more than likely true.

It's like the ignorance people have towards vintage car, thinking "Oh that only an old yoke, he can't be going fast" and pulls out in front of you. I wouldn't like to be you misses, getting a slap of 2 tonne's of steel into the side of your coke can.

• Advertisement

i have great respect for classic car drivers, i often blow my horn at them and give them the thumbs up,
    alot of work goes into restoring classics and its a great feeling to be driving one
    my mate has a 67 zepher and i love going out in it with him

My sister/brother in law has a 67' Jag, 72 Triumph, 2001 147 and 2008 159.

Guess which one she drives slow and which one she drives ON

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

explain to us why they are such sh@ite drivers who havent a clue what they are doing
    Hate to admit it but have been a micra driver the last 4 weeks.

Before anyone tears into me, someone crashed into me in my last car (he was driving a BMW 5 series) and wrote it off, needed something cheap for work while I was waiting on the money for a new car!

But please don't elect me as the spokesperson for Micra drivers because I know how bad they are, AND I always keep up with the flow of traffic!!!

Christ this thread makes me resent my rust bucket even more...boo hoo hoo!!!

your not driving it through choice so i think you are ok, hey at least you had the bottle to say you drive one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

towel401 wrote: »
    Its just the new bubble-shaped micras that are the trouble. anyone who buys one of those probably has a few screws loose anyway
    lol, had a 08 rental micra for a week...its was a embarrassing week!

Think the two only things that appealed to me was the bluetooth radio and the fact the engine revs would change immediately when changing gears...thought it looked cool!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Maybe a micra driver can come on here and stand up for themselves explain to us why they are such sh@ite drivers who havent a clue what they are doing

I drive a Nissan Pao (the retro yoke thats effectively a K10 Micra in drag). I live in the city and do most of my driving there. It's a perfect car for those purposes - reliable, cheap enough to run, compact, has bags of character (though like marmite, you love em' or hate em'). It also does the occasional haul up to Belfast, where it's not so perfect - can cope fine with motorway speeds on a flat or downhill, but any sort of long incline means overtaking is out of the question, and if you've a load in it, it does struggle to keep up. Partially because it has the wind resistance of a garden shed, but mostly because its got a tired enough 19 year old 1 litre engine in it. A transplanted turbo'ed/supercharged K10 engine would transform the motorway performance, but would be pointless around town. Which is why I'm considering sticking to my old volvo (same as the one below) for out-of-town duty in the future.

I'm not a "sh@ite" driver by any means, for what it's worth. Screw up like everyone else from time to time, but no more than that.

pao.JPG

ES73_115_id_1841_1.jpg

thanks alastar
    ive never seen one of those cars before, must watch out for you on the roads
    happy motoring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

K10's are perfectly fine in my book, especially Super S and ST versions.

Girls don't go for the boxy look :pac:

My sister/brother in law has a 67' Jag, 72 Triumph, 2001 147 and 2008 159.

Guess which one she drives slow and which one she drives ON
    the micra -after all she is a girl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Actually one of the most profound experiences of my life happened in a Nissan Micra...and no, not the loss of my virginity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Actually one of the most profound experiences of my life happened in a Nissan Micra...and no, not the loss of my virginity.

then what wazzit?

towel401 wrote: »
    then what wazzit?
    +1 Come on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Micra drivers, mercy, when I get stuck behind one i stay well back, just like I would to a learner driver. And why are the bubble shaped ones headlights always mis-aligned? They'd burn your eyeballs out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

lafors wrote: »
    Ah Micra drivers aint that bad, now Punto drivers, they are the worst.

I'll bate the head of ya! :D

Nissan Micras are the car of choice for learners or old grannies.
    I've never seen a Micra speeding!

Merc/BMW drivers are the worsr though. Their driving skills and consideration to other road users is inversely proportional to the amount of money they spent on the car.

Oh, and don't forget the yummy mummies in their Nissan QashQows.

And why are the bubble shaped ones headlights always mis-aligned?

Because they are dodgems;)

Nissan Micras are the car of choice for learners or old grannies.
    I've never seen a Micra speeding!

Try a council estate. You will see them speed all over the place, spin around and then by magic catch fire in the middle of a field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Has anyone else had a bad experience with a nissan micra driver
    ive had 4 in one week!
    now ive started watching the driving habits of micra drivers and its scary stuff!
    is there an unwritten rule that if your a bad driver then you buy a micra, like a secret code
    now i am not saying anything bad about nissan micras cos they are good cars very reliable,
    just dont understand how most people driving them cant drive at all
    Am i alone on this , or has it happened to anyone else
    maybe micradrivers are just after me!!!!!!!!!

micra's are a rather easy car to drive...

so it doesnt matter how dangerous or safe you are, you still redline it to make the speed limits...

S.I.R wrote: »
    micra's are a rather easy car to drive...

so it doesnt matter how dangerous or safe you are, you still redline it to make the speed limits...
    You've never been in my baby...when I hit 120 you should hear that engine purr....well...more of a squeal but ya get the drift!

I actually get afraid driving it on the motorways, if I hit anywhere over a hundred, It sounds like it's going to blow up!!!

if they are so easy to drive why do people drive them so badly then

• Advertisement

if they are so easy to drive why do people drive them so badly then
    can we be misogynist on this thread:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement