Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New car adds

Options
  • 13-12-2008 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any reason why all new car adds make you watch it and watch it, only getting a glimpse of the car. Make you wait to get a full good look at the car, and then give you a second or two of a look at the car, if you're lucky.

Just saw, well partially saw the add for the new A6, looks nice, from what i could see.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Very nice that A6.

Marketing departments give you a small taste so your expectant of more and possibly will visit the dealership for a better look.

Ford Fiesta ad was the same. A bunch of cheap ass tv's rolling down the street and then boom a fiesta drives around one corner and its over.

Remember Homer Simpsons, Mr Plough advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Berty wrote: »
    Very nice that A6.

Marketing departments give you a small taste so your expectant of more and possibly will visit the dealership for a better look.

Ford Fiesta ad was the same. A bunch of cheap ass tv's rolling down the street and then boom a fiesta drives around one corner and its over.

Remember Homer Simpsons, Mr Plough advert.

"Mr. Plough, that's his name, that name again is Mr. Plough" That's all i remember. No visuals haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

citroen c 5 ad looks good, u get to see the car drive across the motherland

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

I think the original 406 advert is still the best car ad:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0z_iKr3Atw

(especially the choice of music which was unknown at the time)

Advertisement