Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashing account payee only cheques

Options
  • 13-12-2008 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

Ok this is a funny one..

My friend who doesnt have a Bank account was sent a cheque in his name, How does he lodge it/ cash it?

It has account payee only on it. So pubs/shops cant cash it..
    Any ideas?

I brought it to the bank and explained it to them, Then said go to the credit union ! I dont know why tho, He doesnt have an account with them either.

To make things even worse he's got no ID. (I know thats hard to believe) But he's never needed any.. doesnt drive and never left the counrty.

Can anyone suggest something for me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Return to sender and request a different form of payment? Or tell your friend to become an adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

NeVeR wrote: »
    Ok this is a funny one..

My friend who doesnt have a Bank account was sent a cheque in his name, How does he lodge it/ cash it?

It has account payee only on it. So pubs/shops cant cash it..
    Any ideas?

I brought it to the bank and explained it to them, Then said go to the credit union ! I dont know why tho, He doesnt have an account with them either.

To make things even worse he's got no ID. (I know thats hard to believe) But he's never needed any.. doesnt drive and never left the counrty.

Can anyone suggest something for me.

Is there some one in his family with the same name (Father/Uncle/Cousin) who could lodge it for him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

Is there some one in his family with the same name (Father/Uncle/Cousin) who could lodge it for him.

No theres not,sure everyone knows theres only one invisable man.....icon14.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

- Open a current account [jump through all the identity hoops, clarify this with bank in question]; awkward without ID, but not impossible.

- Lodge cheque

- Wait for cheque to clear

- Withdraw money

- Close account

Advertisement