Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Full HD 1920 x 1080 23" Monitor €186 Delivered

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

The EPP is a good bonus, thanks!

I am guessing Dell UK will not ship to Eire? Just once again surprised at the difference in the ex vat prices!

I speced up two systems complete with the monitors and soundbars - xps 430's with some extras:

Irish Ex Vat was: €3100
    UK ex Vat was: €2500 or £2235

Just makes you think is all. Our price is still a good but to save another 25%!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Interlink are now DPD Ireland

dingding wrote: »

BTW Mine has been shipped by interlink.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Damn it, I just bought one
    Thanks OP

It's gonna be a big widescreen full HD christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Mine was delivered today but there was nobody home to take delivery so now I have to wait until tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Mine was delivered today, great monitor. Thanks again OP.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

I´m very tempted by this. Looking for a monitor to use with a Mythtv setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Hi,

Could anyone who got this (and is a gamer!) post a mini review at it's performance please?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pauly3

I succumbed too! Bought off the the EPP site for €181.89 (3% discount there).
    I tried buying from the UK site, had to register as a UK customer (no problem), and got as far as entering the shipping address. The form accepted my town and county, but automatically added United Kingdom after that. I put in a Newry postcode but had a change of mind and went back to the Irish site. I was afraid that a computer would automatically send the package to the Newry post office first and I might never get it. Sad thing is that this monitor only cost £140 or around €156 on the UK site :(

Edit: Just rechecked the Dell.ie site. Price is now €207.21. Seems the 10% off expired at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

For those who've already received theirs, what was the estimated delivery date? Its telling me I'll be waiting till the 29th, I was hoping to have it a bit sooner than that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

pauly3 wrote: »
    Edit: Just rechecked the Dell.ie site. Price is now €207.21. Seems the 10% off expired at midnight.

just noticed the same thing, was hummng and hawing til now. the 20% off though continues until the 29th, and the delivery thing is until Feb. seriously tempted even for the extra €20 (unless of course that is, someone can point me to a better deal :)).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Bah same, humming and hawing. €20 off is always nice

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Mine arrived this morning along with the soundbar. Ordered it Sunday evening so very fast, and it should have been delivered yesterday but i was asleep.
    A lot better than last time I ordered from Dell. A laptop, went to a completely different part of Ireland, and the delivery company didn't really have a clue.
    I think Dell use a different company now.

Was working all night so I'm going to bed now and will open it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Nah the company just changed names, interlink > DPD

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Ordered mine on Monday evening, it arrived this morning

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Ok I decided to postpone bed and test it out. Have my laptop hooked up to it now. everything looks great however there's a inch wide black border just on the right of the screen.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

edit: lol, just found the auto adjust button.
    Everything's sorted!

Another edit: Can't get sound from my Xbox 360. The speakers that came with it don't seem to have an input.
    They just contain a lead with a standard 3.5mm RCA male jack. Ok for plugging into laptop but I don't know how to get sound from my 360 on to the speakers.

The VGA output for the xbox 360 contains 2 sound leads that I have converted in a 3.5 RCA jack like above. Is there any way to xconnect two male RCA jacks?

Had a quick look and I'm guessing this is what I'm looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

JohnK wrote: »
    For those who've already received theirs, what was the estimated delivery date? Its telling me I'll be waiting till the 29th, I was hoping to have it a bit sooner than that :(

18 hours for me.

Cuddlesworth do you mean it took 18 hours or dell estimated 18 hours? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Cheers for the heads up on the monitor and the PA soundbar. I ordered 3 monitors & 2 soundbars last night before the 10% expired. Not all for myself unfortunately.

Order is currently with courier (Interlink). How long can anyone tell me did it take before it arrived after it left Dell in Raheen, Limerick? either way its pretty good going on Dell's part to turn it around so quickly, credit where credits due.

Sweet mines actually marked as being with Interlink now so it looks like that date of the 29th was just ever so slightly wrong :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

That looks like a great buy. I thought I did well with this (€387 on Dell Ireland - delivered from UK for €286).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

cdb wrote: »
    Order is currently with courier (Interlink). How long can anyone tell me did it take before it arrived after it left Dell in Raheen, Limerick? either way its pretty good going on Dell's part to turn it around so quickly, credit where credits due.

Overnight usually, who should have it tomorrow.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

To order using EPP, do you just enter the name of the company you work for in the Company Name box? (even though it says "Company Name (ONLY complete if you are a company")

I'm confused :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Fergster

Is this deal still live?
    7137debd45ae4d0ab9aa953017286b20.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

got this ast week, such a nice monitor. great value!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

To order using EPP, do you just enter the name of the company you work for in the Company Name box? (even though it says "Company Name (ONLY complete if you are a company")

I'm confused :p

I think so - this is what i did - they emailed to verify the company name yesterday or the day before and have not heard anything back since (touches wood).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Just got mine, delivery was estimated at the 29th but took only 2 days from ordering

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Same as ^^, I ordered mine at around 9.00pm on Tues and it was delivered a half hour ago (The Dell ESD was the 29th so they are just playing safe with that)

Those feckers! I ordered mine 3 hours before you and still dont have it :p

I demand compensation! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Thanks Do-More. Out for delivery today. Fantastic turn around. Heres to a widescreen christmas...

• Advertisement

JohnK wrote: »
    Those feckers! I ordered mine 3 hours before you and still dont have it :p

I demand compensation! :D

They called me yesterday evening to confirm address, order amount and then told me it would be delivered in 1 - 2 days.
    Have they called you yet ?

Advertisement