Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Full HD 1920 x 1080 23" Monitor €186 Delivered

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Mmcd wrote: »
    Anyone think maybe with the deal ending on the 29th it may be due to go down further for the sales. I cant decide whether to buy now or chance it :confused:

well the thing is they are trying to just offload old stock quick to make way for the new model. Personally i'd say when the 29th comes around that will be the end of that model because they've already started selling the new one. but I don't know for sure... maybe the excess will end up in the outlet store or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭tadgh

gman2k wrote: »
    I've put an order into DELL for one of these, but I'm telling you, never again will I deal with this shower of muppets. I don't care if they are giving away stuff, it's the worst level of customer service I've ever encountered - ever.

+1

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I'm loving the monitor so far. have it connected to my laptop and it looks amazing, especially seeing as my laptop's integrated graphics card is sh1te.

Just waiting on the right part for audio so I can hook up my 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

jayteecork wrote: »
    How will that work?
    The xbox VGA lead has a 3.5mm male output and so do the speakers.

Someone on hotdealsuk said one of these is what I need:
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=34619

However Maplin wanted to 8 pounds to ship to Ireland.
    Do Dealextreme sell those at all?

If not, could I order the one mentioned above? I stick the male into my PC and the xbox and speakers into the female? would that work?

The splitter works by connecting two wires to the one point. Now seeing as the those two wires are connected to the same point they are in turn connected

So you plug your speaker cables into one end, your xbox sound into another and leave the male end empty

bmja7aa2xoxslch1f3f_thumb.jpg

You can click to make it bigger

The splitter works by connecting two wires to the one point. Now seeing as the those two wires are connected to the same point they are in turn connected

So you plug your speaker cables into one end, your xbox sound into another and leave the male end empty

bmja7aa2xoxslch1f3f_thumb.jpg

You can click to make it bigger

thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 korvin

The link leads to the monitor which costs 259 delivered :(
    Did you apply any coupons/vouchers to get it for 186 Euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

korvin wrote: »

There were 2 offers: 1 for 20% off and 1 for 10% off which look to have run out i'm afraid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 greenberet

Hi,

Just purchased one for these Dell™ S2309W monitors for €186.

Monitor works fine with a pc using svga cable.

I'm using a hdmi to dvi-d cable (purchased from Digibuys) http://www.digibuys.co.uk/Premium-Quality-HDMI-to-DVI-D-CABLE-p-173.html to connect a Siemens HD1 satellite receiver to the monitor.

The screen is just blank. I have tried changing the video sources using one of the buttons but without success. When I remove the hdmi to dvi-d cable (hdmi end) from the back of the satellite receiver, the Dell monitor display dvi cable disconnected.

I've tried the Siemens HD1 with a Nordmende 32" tv via hdmi to hdmi cable & it works perfectly indicating that the receiver is working ok.

I'm at a loss for what to do next.

Any ideas ?

Many thanks,

GB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

greenberet wrote: »
    Hi,

Just purchased one for these Dell™ S2309W monitors for €186.

Monitor works fine with a pc using svga cable.

I'm using a hdmi to dvi-d cable (purchased from Digibuys) http://www.digibuys.co.uk/Premium-Quality-HDMI-to-DVI-D-CABLE-p-173.html to connect a Siemens HD1 satellite receiver to the monitor.

The screen is just blank. I have tried changing the video sources using one of the buttons but without success. When I remove the hdmi to dvi-d cable (hdmi end) from the back of the satellite receiver, the Dell monitor display dvi cable disconnected.

I've tried the Siemens HD1 with a Nordmende 32" tv via hdmi to hdmi cable & it works perfectly indicating that the receiver is working ok.

I'm at a loss for what to do next.

Any ideas ?

Many thanks,

GB

I read something somewhere about monitors lacking something a TV has. Unfortunately I can't be any less vague, but I think it could be why the monitor won't display anything from a satellite receiver.

korvin wrote: »

there's something strange going on. the small business section is showing a newer model with a higher resolution and a HDMI port. the home section still shows the old model though, which was supposed to have a 20% discount until the 29th. But the offer seems to be no longer there. It's weird. the price difference now between the new model and the old model is only 15eur which makes no sense either.

I ordered this on the 19th when they still had the 20%, and so far the site says my order is still being built. hope they didn't feck it up.
    I read something somewhere about monitors lacking something a TV has. Unfortunately I can't be any less vague, but I think it could be why the monitor won't display anything from a satellite receiver.

it probably needs a TV tuner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

I ordered this on the 19th when they still had the 20%, and so far the site says my order is still being built. hope they didn't feck it up.

Same, but Dell rang earlier when I was out so I hope they arent going back on it now.
    Are they allowed to do that even?

Are they allowed to do that even?

I have no idea myself. I think they can if they haven't billed your account already, which they usually don't do until it has shipped. Let me know anyway if you hear anything off them, and I'll do the same.

coudl anyone possibly help.

I've had my laptop connected to this Dell monitor the last few week, no problems at all.
    I unhooked it last night and earlier when I tried to reconnect via VGA the monitor keeps telling me what's going to power safe mode - ie it is receving no signal from the laptop.
    I've tried a different VGA cable but no luck. I then connected my Xbox to the monitor via VGA and it worked no problem, so I presume the fault is with my laptop, I must have changed some settings or something.

I really have tried everything and the monitor cannot detect a signal coming from the laptop.

Anyone have any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

jayteecork wrote: »
    coudl anyone possibly help.

I've had my laptop connected to this Dell monitor the last few week, no problems at all.
    I unhooked it last night and earlier when I tried to reconnect via VGA the monitor keeps telling me what's going to power safe mode - ie it is receving no signal from the laptop.
    I've tried a different VGA cable but no luck. I then connected my Xbox to the monitor via VGA and it worked no problem, so I presume the fault is with my laptop, I must have changed some settings or something.

I really have tried everything and the monitor cannot detect a signal coming from the laptop.

Anyone have any ideas?

You've probably tried this, but here goes anyway.

Reboot the laptop with the monitor connected. Then:

XP:
    -Right click on desktop -> Properties -> Settings Tab. You should see two monitors in the pictogram.
    - Right click and click "identify" to establish which one is the primary (in this case, your laptop monitor should light up with a big white number "1" or "2". Click on the secondary monitor.
    -If it's faded in the pictogram, make sure you click yes if Windows asks you if you want to enable it.
    -Ensure you've ticked "Extend my desktop to this monitor" but leave the primary monitor box unticked.
    -Apply-> OK and see what happens.

Vista:
    -Same as above, but from desktop right click -> Properties (iirc) -> Display Properties or something of that nature, it's the option at the bottom. From there it's identical to XP, iirc.

If none of this works, open any third-party graphics program you may have installed. Usually there's a link on your taskbar or when you right-click the desktop if there's third-party software installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 mmurphy

What is the link to these monitors as when I log-in ther working out at 269

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

mmurphy wrote: »
    What is the link to these monitors as when I log-in ther working out at 269

Thanks

Original offer was posted on 13/12/08 so I'm going to guess the offer is over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 mmurphy

Even when I loged in on the 28th it was over :(

Thanks
    forbairt wrote: »
    Original offer was posted on 13/12/08 so I'm going to guess the offer is over

mmurphy wrote: »
    Even when I loged in on the 28th it was over :(

yup, there was something weird with how that deal ended. they seemed to have pulled it. I ordered mine on the 19th while it was still there but it seems they had run out of stock by then, still waiting for it to ship, even though the delivery date is early next week.

yup, there was something weird with how that deal ended. they seemed to have pulled it. I ordered mine on the 19th while it was still there but it seems they had run out of stock by then, still waiting for it to ship, even though the delivery date is early next week.
    Same with me - I got in just barely on the 20th
    I think it was pulled the 23rd as was gone by Xmas eve if I remember right!
    Guess they have OP to blame for to much demand :p

Same with me - I got in just barely on the 20th
    I think it was pulled the 23rd as was gone by Xmas eve if I remember right!
    Guess they have OP to blame for to much demand :p

the odd thing is though the monitor is back up on the site at the original price. I thought they had pulled it completely for a day or two, although maybe i'm just mistaken. I was hoping they may have ran out and would have to ship the SP version :pac: although with it back listed i guess i was just dreaming :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭hazbot

They appear to have a few of these models left on www.overclockers.co.uk but with shipping, the price will probably be about 200 euro or a little over.

They have other nice monitors on there too, tempted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Fergster

Anyone find this deal again?

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

hazbot wrote: »
    They appear to have a few of these models left on www.overclockers.co.uk but with shipping, the price will probably be about 200 euro or a little over.

They have other nice monitors on there too, tempted :D

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-030-DE&groupid=17&catid=510&subcat=&name=Dell S2309W 23" Widescreen True HD LCD Monitor - Black

and delivery £12.24

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Click Clicky

Mine arrived today, 12 days ahead of their original estimated delivery date. It's a beauty, the quality is staggering.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,391 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

got one today but paid 207 (Imissed the 186) ordered on 23rd dec maybe dell should just post there offers here !

Today's 12 days before my delivery date and nothing :(
    I cant wait - did anyone get the sond thing with it - is it any good?

Just got mine and love it
    Its soooo wide
    Also didnt realise how many extra cables you need if using it with PS£ - thank god for ebay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭omerin

how about this as an alternative - 24" fully hd monitor

http://www.saverstore.com/productinfo/product.aspx?product_id=20027097&pid=10&tid=214

i bought it this week and hope to get it next week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pauly3

Mine arrived yesterday, having ordered it on Dec 16! Had received an email last week to say they had run out of stock and it would now come on or before Jan 26. The manufacture date on the back of the monitor says January 2009 in the Czech Rep. I wonder if they outsourced production to a third party? As far as I am aware the only other production facility is in Lodz, Poland. Anyway the monitor is lovely, with rich vibrant colours. You can tell it is a TN panel by the poorer contrast, blacks are not inky black like Dell's more expensive monitors. But you only notice this when you set the screen to black!

• Advertisement

Still can't get it working on my laptop after it was working on it for a couple of weeks. Think it's a problem with my laptop's puny graphics card - I cna't connect it to my TV anymore either. It's either the card or the VGA cable.

I can however connect my 360 to it and play in glorious full HD. Excellent colours and contrast.

I'm waiting on a gaming PC from Ankermann and can't wait to hook it up to the monitor. I'll be using DVI for that.

Great price i got it for, i noticed from browsing Dell's site you they were asking for an extra 400 euro if you wanted to add the 23" SW(****whatever it is) to your order on certain desktops.

Advertisement