Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Composite video on a TH-37PX70

• 13-12-2008 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

Prob a simple question.

I'm connecting my laptop to my TV video S-Video to composite (on the TV side).

This used to work perfect on my old CRT.

There are white and red jacks for sound but no yellow one for the composite picture. There is however additional green, blue and red jack, called Y, P8, and PR respectively.

When I plus the yellow cable into the Green jack (Y) it gives me a black and white picture.

Is there any way around this or do I have to buy a VGA cable ?

Would a VGA setup give me a better picture anyways ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

You are looking at the component input, open the little flap on the front of the screen and you will find the composite (i think)

... or get a scart to composite adapter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

You are looking at the component input, open the little flap on the front of the screen and you will find the composite (i think)

... or get a scart to composite adapter

Perfect.

No composite input on the TV but I had forgotten that I had a composite to scart adapter. Works like a dream now.

Advertisement