Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Astra - 2 jump starts in 2 weeks - battery?

Options
  • 13-12-2008 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Twice in the past fortnight my Opel Astra wouldn't start. Both nights it was parked on the street and it was freezing. Had to jump start it each time. Can I assume that my battery is faulty? Car is 4 and half years old but isn't there a 5 year guarantee on a battery?

Any advice/ideas appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Most likely the battery, just buy a new one. (and make sure your alternator is charging properly)

I'm not aware of any 5 year guarantees on batteries

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭shaywest

for sure its the battery its the cold weather that gets them usually between 4 &5 years old unfortunatley your battery is not covered by warranty.
    when buying a new battery go to a good motor factor who will ingrave the date and shop code onto it,in case you lose the recipt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭JackFrosty

its the battery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭DaveBH

Anyone recommend somewhere to buy a battery (in Dublin)?

Rang Halfords today (because I know they're open!) for a price. Best deal they have is €80 for a standard battery (with a 3 year warranty).

To be honest I was hoping to spend around 50/60 quid. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

80e for a battery thats taking the mick no.

I got a battery recently for my Astra for 50e for Opel dealer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

A motor factors will be better value again. Check in the yellow pages for one near you. Most don't open on Sundays though.

Advertisement