Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Anti falcon design ships.

• 13-12-2008 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

So how do you counter a falcon in low sec roaming or FW?

The only reliable way that I have used is a stealth bomber with some decent bookmarks set up and using fof missiles. Doesn't kill but makes them warp out.

The only other way that i have been able to kill them is a sniping BS but only if I get can get to +230km. Once again, doesn't kill, just makes them warp out. positioning is much harder.

Tbh the stealth bomber is the preferred way that I have found because
    1. Its easier
    2. It costs much less (or slighty less if you use rigs)
    3. It is more versatile in a roaming gang

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Glippo

We engaged a small gang the other day, they had 3 blackbirds, i was our only falcon, i managed to get a jam on all 3 blackbirds......the enemy gang died

falcon > all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Bring more or better falcons. Depending on how many you have on gang, at least one caldari racial should be carried by all your Ewar, and one could actually be a pure anti-Caldari jammer dedicated to taking their guys out of the fight. Based on the numbers you see in any gang with more than 2 ships, he wont be wasted.

Or have a couple of guys in light small stuff swarming them with drones - Ishkur. Inty or something gets warpin, 2 or 3 ishkurs drop drones on them + bump like mofos and either pop em or force them out. They pretty much drop in seconds with some light drones on them and except for the guys with home advantage and the very competent they will be using 100KM warp ins.

Both involve having more in gang that you can free up from killing the rest of the gang.

A easy fix to Falcons that would not require more numbers in gang would be boosting the optimal of sensor damps on ships like the celestis etc etc *massively* so they can damp falcons and force them to either **** off or come in closer.

What will probably happen is some massive crazy game mechanics ripping and tearing that will leave the Falcon about 3% better than a Griffin, whilst fuxoring up balance in a host of unforseen ways.

Such as assault frigates not being able to get lock AND point on t1 cruisers on a gate jump in due to their ****ed up align times. ****ing align times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

The main problem I see is that a falcon can remain effective with an unscripted SB to 183km, with a range script it is 230km, and with SDAs it is still working in its jammer optimal range. The only other ships that are fully effective at that range are sniping battleships and up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 css1

My last engagement vs falcons was a bit of a fleet fight, i got primaried and died as soon as i sieged, so off i went into a raven, and for shytes n giggles i said i would start shooting enemy ecm ships...

I had tacticals all over the pos, and as soon as i was targetted by enemy snipers, i would warp. However, i would then target another ecm ship or two. After an hour or two? I was being perma jammed, by at least 4-5 enemy ecm ships. As soon as i came outta warp i would have them locking me. Now that's how to tie up enemy ecm cycles!!!

As for how to counter a falcon? Hows about another falcon with eccm!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭kaahooters

warp in to 0 on there ecm, missle boat, fof missles, watch the ecm run like grilymen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Blaster Bantams are the way to go in this case.

Advertisement