Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a problem?

Options
  • 13-12-2008 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58255866&postcount=64
    I have JavaScript disabled for testing and when I "Go Advanced" or Quote a post I see all the BRs and special HTML characters.

Without JavaScript Boards is not very user friendly. The top navigation bar disappears completely.

Since I apparently have access to raw HTML, I tried to put in some script tags into a post with some JavaScript to mess with peoples browsers but alas there must be some server side parsing to get rid of that kinda stuff.

Disappointing.

Just wondering.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I assume something like this could be handled perfectly with greasemonkey. You'd need someone to knock out the script though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I assume VB deletes the html tags when it parses the post (provided html is off in the forum) so I wouldn't imagine it could do any harm.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Oh wait, I think I misunderstood you earlier, Terry. Some of the html tags (br tag should be if I remember correctly) are there but most would be disabled for the very reason that it can mess with things. Just look at the posting rules. "HTML codes are off".

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I can't replicate this.

I've seen it before when I was running noscript on firefox. When you have javascript off and quote a post it will add in the formatting as html. So instead of the text highlighted in bold it will show the bold html tag. I'm pretty sure it strips out the more troublesome tags and if a tag is not closed properly then it will treat the opening tag as normal text and doesn't mess up the page. I really wouldn't worry about it if I was you.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement