Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling used PC games in Dublin

Options
  • 13-12-2008 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭

Anybody know of a shop in Dublin that buys PC games? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

There is a shop on Talbot street that used to at least, haven't been there in a good while. Just beside the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Games Xchange on Talbot street as far as im aware, haven't been in there in well over a year though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

There is a shop in Belfast that buys them www.cex.co.uk is the website,it will list the cash and credit amounts the games are worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Not many places buy them, you'd probably be better off selling them on Adverts.ie or ebay, you'll get a better price there anyways than if you were to trade them in a shop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Thanks for the replies!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

adverts.ie is probably the best place, as long as the games are reasonably recent - very old ones don't shift too well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Not many places buy them, you'd probably be better off selling them on Adverts.ie or ebay, you'll get a better price there anyways than if you were to trade them in a shop

You might want to try gumtree as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Slightly off-topic but can anyone tell me where is the best place to buy PC games in Dublin city. I dont mean the 10 most popular €50 games of the moment but slightly older games for cheaper. Some stores have bargain baskets, etc.

Also, does anyone have problems with vista and PC games? I have installed IGI 2 but cannot get it working and I can find any patches. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

I suggest you open your own thread, you will probably get more replies that way. No offence intended. And thanks again to everybody that replied!
    Slightly off-topic but can anyone tell me where is the best place to buy PC games in Dublin city. I dont mean the 10 most popular €50 games of the moment but slightly older games for cheaper. Some stores have bargain baskets, etc.

Also, does anyone have problems with vista and PC games? I have installed IGI 2 but cannot get it working and I can find any patches. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

game have a 2 for 25 section, you can usually pickup relatively new titles there, as for gaming on vista I have never had a problem, igi2 is very old at this stage though, might be worth trying to run it in xp compatability mode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Again, adverts.ie can be a good bet - often get people selling off collections of older games.

Think a lot of the game shops still have sections selling off older PC games at 3 for 20 or similar.

And there's always ebay.

On the IGI 2/Vista problem - not beng smart, but have you tried googling it? I seem to get a fair few hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

MOH wrote: »
    On the IGI 2/Vista problem - not beng smart, but have you tried googling it? I seem to get a fair few hits.

I have googled it but even have problems downloading patches.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Hody

Games Xchange on Talbot street as far as im aware, haven't been in there in well over a year though.

Excuse me, do they have a website or phone number. I dont seem to find them in google.

Advertisement