Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I appeal a ban?

Options
  • 13-12-2008 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭

Well I got banned for one month from Personal Issues for "Browbeating" the OP. What the hell is Browbeating...?

"Yes.

OP, you have posted here looking for help or sympathy? What annoys me is that you are not prepared to do anything about this SERIOUS offence. This man that has done this to you will now know that he will get away with it. If not for your own sake, do not be selfish as this man may strike again on another woman. She may not be so lucky and get away with her life like you did.

It's horrible what happened to you, but you need to be strong and do something about it."

Was the reply to the OP's question. It seems to me that the Moderator in question has a problem with me as I am "high maintanence" as he/she stated.

Previously I was told "if you or poster X are not the OP, stop hogging the thread and go elsewhere", from the same moderator. I sent a PM and was not satisfied with the reply as I did not see what wrong I was doing. There was a one on one discussion, some stealth insults from the other party, yet nothing I was doing was against the charter.

No infractions were sent either (not sure exactly how they work) 1 month ban seems a bit much for the post above.

Thanks in advance for reading.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Do you have a link to the thread in question?

Having checked your ban history in PI, it would appear this is your second ban.

2008-12-12, 9:50 pm Personal Issues Victor Banned. Browbeating OP 1 Month(s)
    2008-11-14, 10:11 am Personal Issues System Access mask cleared. Automatic Ban Lift
    2008-11-07, 9:24 am Personal Issues Beruthiel Banned. advocating violence 7 Day(s)

This explains why it is a month long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Having checked your ban history in PI, it would appear this is your second ban.

2008-12-12, 9:50 pm Personal Issues Victor Banned. Browbeating OP 1 Month(s)
    2008-11-14, 10:11 am Personal Issues System Access mask cleared. Automatic Ban Lift
    2008-11-07, 9:24 am Personal Issues Beruthiel Banned. advocating violence 7 Day(s)

This explains why it is a month long.

Yea, was banned about a month or two by you for advocating violence. I apologised and didn't realise I was breaking the rules. No problems with that.

There were no warnings or infractions. First ban from PI was 7 days, is that normal? The lenght of ban seems to be a bit much considering my support and imput on that forum.

First ban in PI is a week.
    Second is a month.
    Third is six months.
    Fourth is a permaban.

Don't have a link to the thread, I am banned from the PI place. I did post about a week or two ago.

• Advertisement

You can log out and go into PI

Ok, thanks for the information. I am talking to the mod and arguing my case with him/her. Still think it's unfair but guess there is nothing that can be done here.

Advertisement