Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best date ever!!

Options
  • 13-12-2008 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭

Based on other LL threads, seems this thread wont take off as much as the "worst/bad experienced" threads (us ladies love to moan!) but to share our best dates etc would be cool (and maybe elimainate some of the "date ideas" threads that float around coz people can steal ideas from here :D:pac:

Ok, so last night, me and the OH had a "date night", basically where himself planned the evening to break routine etc and just enjoy each others company..I knew nothing about the evening, he gave nothing away, except to wrap up warm!

So it started that he took me ice skating, we had a brill time having a laugh trying to trip each other up etc....then we went to a pub, where he has reserved a booth, especially to get me food that he knows I love, so so thoughtful, he tried to pre-order the food but couldnt, but it was so thoughtful, not pretentious typical date food, but something he knew I would love. So so nice!

Then he took me to an arcade, where we played games, and messed around on dance machines and basket ball stuff (i kicked his ass :pac:) because one of our earlier dates was thing, and we are both big children...also perfect, and thoughtful.

THEN we had to be a the top of Grafton Street for 10.30...where he had a LIMO and a driver waiting for us to take us around for the rest of the night, just driving around the two of us (he knew Id never been in a limo before) and a good bottle of pink champagne..it was so so perfect, the perfect end to a perfect night because it wasnt "typical date" stuff, fancy dinner & drinks etc, but stuff he had put thought into and things he knew I would love. He was a total gent and a perfect boyfriend (he is anyway) and I had the best night ever with him, so perfect :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

i always said ice skating was the best thing to do on a date

other than that im totally copying the rest of the ideas next time

good job boyfriend

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Hats off to the man, that was pretty awesome to do. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Thanks for sharing that with us, OP. It was so so nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Although has he set the bar too high for himself now - this was a "date night", not a special event! And even other date nights now have a standard! Think we'll be seeing an update next week in the 'Worst date thread' about going Ice skating, pub for dinner, arcade but NO Limo trip

:D

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

He hasnt set the bar for anything, I knew it was a once off and wont be expecting that again. Anytime spent with himself is perfect, limo ride or not., Im not high maintenance, I dont have a "standard", just an incredibly thoughtful, perfect boyfriend.

And it was a special night for us, a night where we did something for ourselves, without meeting other people, to enjoy each others company and be ourselves and do things that we like (well me, because it was all for me)..and we are together 6 months as of today, so it was a kind of special occasion for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Aww that sounds like such a lovely night out. Any chance we could have him cloned:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Boo to him, making men everywhere feel inadequet!!!!

But yeah whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Wow sounds like a great night! Lucky Lady!
    He's a keeper! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

A perfect date that doesn't involve a trip to a wax museum? Something doesn't add up here at all....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

needing to break routine after 6 months sounds a bit worrying to me...

at least he knows how to do it right! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Nice one... Am gonna slag him now...

Ye are the mushiest eejits ever!

Love ya both :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Nice one... Am gonna slag him now...

Ye are the mushiest eejits ever!

Love ya both :D

You're only jealous :D:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

Sounds fab OP :D

I had loads of great dates and memorable times with my ex (who I'm still friends with and fond of). Once on my birthday in the middle of one of the most miserable months I ever had, he booked us into a suite in the Clarence and treated me to dinner in the tearooms there.
    Another time, he made up a wonderful picnic with champagne out in Howth on the anniversary of when we met, just on the edge of the water on the cliff walk and we camped out there for the night.

Both of those were surprises, and he planned lots of other surprises while we were going out which wouldnt be categorised as dates. Very sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

LadyE, that is beautiful! You're quite the lucky woman, and you're giving us singles hope that there are good ones out there! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

PeakOutput wrote: »
    i always said ice skating was the best thing to do on a date

Ice skating/bowling/anything similar. Great fun no matter who you're there with as you can have a great laugh...great first date locations and great ice breakers(no pun intended)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Christ, I hope my girlfriend doesn;t read this.:mad:

You remind me of that Simpsons where Apu when he was doing all those Valentines Day surprises for his wife and showing up how inadequete all the other Springfield men were.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

best date i ever had was simple, went to bar, got slowly drunk and everything went well since we loosened up and becan to realise we had similaritys. then got pizza and got it all on my face and she wiped it off with her tissue. she then had the killer line " uv got some on ur lips" and planted me on! oh yeah giggady gigdady,

nothing mad or anything but it was so cool!

yeah i kno its corny:cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I love dates in general! I love just relaxing in the pub with a few pints and a few cigarettes because it's so relaxed and conversation always flows so well when beer's involved! I don't know which my best date ever would be though. Loads stand out because they meant something special to me, but there was nothing special about the date itself.

BTW, ice-skating? I've never been and my boyfriend keeps threatning to take me, but I'm convinced I'll just keep falling over and hurting myself! Which I will, and he'll laugh...

Graceland. :):):):):)

A perfect date that doesn't involve a trip to a wax museum? Something doesn't add up here at all....

Terror* is part of your concept of a perfect date?

* refering to getting lost in the tiny tunnels here.

• Advertisement

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Graceland. :):):):):)

That was your perfect first date, or would be?

I'd rather bypass the fancy stuff on a date for lots of silly fun things. Something like this:

Soooo cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Shopping...
    Fab food and great company...
    Finishing up in a fetish club....on Saturday night :D:D 'Nuff said!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Good one for me was last Valentines day. I travelled up to meet my gf (now ex) after college and dropped my friend off at his hotel, where he was taking his girlfriend to stay.

As far as my ex was concerned we had no plans so I took her out to eat.
    Afterwards we were walking down the main street and I pretended to get a call from my friend. I played out a fake conversation which made it sound like I had something he needed and he needed me to bring it to him in the hotel. Off we went and I go up to the hotel room and knock, as she had her back turned I sneakily use my door key and let us in and tell her to come in.
    I had a bottle of champagne on the table, chocolates and card. Underneath her pillow I had left her a pair of her PJs I brought up from my place.
    She was delighted. Certainly beats having to go back to her tiny, cold house and having to share a single bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i once tock a girl for a moon lit walk along a quiet beach with a flask and some chocklet, i was a student did'nt have to much money so i had to impravise... it was a cleer night to so the stars where out .....

I found when i was younger i was sorta of embarissed about being romantic....

but do women really like being on romantic dates ? truthfully ?

Of course, the majority do! I think that goes for people, not just women. Mind, there's a difference between expensive/showy and romantic. They can go hand in hand, but it's important that the romance is genuine above anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

i once tock a girl for a moon lit walk along a quiet beach with a flask and some chocklet, i was a student did'nt have to much money so i had to impravise... it was a cleer night to so the stars where out .....

I found when i was younger i was sorta of embarissed about being romantic....

trust me, the only thing you're lacking is the confidence (and possibly the girl), you've the originallity and the inventiveness. romantic dates work, I promise ;)

PillyPen wrote: »
    Of course, the majority do! I think that goes for people, not just women. Mind, there's a difference between expensive/showy and romantic. They can go hand in hand, but it's important that the romance is genuine above anything else.

well off course if shes enjoying her self you will i would to i mean why not in the comapny of a lady knowing she's enjoying every minite of it whats not to enjoy your kudos count goes through the roof.. :cool:...

I wouldnt really asosicate romance with money, being romantic is a gesture obvously it helps, but i guess the main thing is doing something the other person would enjoy.. as well as them....

RedXIV wrote: »
    trust me, the only thing you're lacking is the confidence (and possibly the girl), you've the originallity and the inventiveness. romantic dates work, I promise ;)

No dout mate but that was then this is now....
    :)

but yeah you gotta show some origanlity... for a lady it seperates you from the rest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭GSpoon

wow im so impressed.. just shows you dont need to spend big bucks to sweep a gal of her feet.. its the little things that mean the most.:D

• Advertisement

I think thoughtfullness is the key. I wouldn't be half as impressed by a really expensive gesture if it was obviously not well thought out.

My favourite date was a a few drinks and then a night-time walk around the historical part of the city, with my guide (bf) telling me all the bits of history he knew. It was spontaneous but brilliant and the perfect cold, starry night for it :)

Anyway, for someone else that would have been hell on earth but I guess we're both into that stuff :o

Advertisement