Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

headlights keep blowing

Options
  • 13-12-2008 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

We have a '05 Honda Accord 2.2cdti in the family that is regulary blowing front headlight bulbs sometimes on the driver side and sometimes on the passenger side with no real pattern.

The bulbs are replaced every time and then seem to have a max life span of a month or less.

Any ideas on why this might be?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

There was a headling recall on some accords. The headlights were letting in moisture and they were fogging up inside. Ring your local dealer and see if your car is on the list. If it is, they will fix it for free.

This could be your prob.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rob185

There was a headling recall on some accords. The headlights were letting in moisture and they were fogging up inside. Ring your local dealer and see if your car is on the list. If it is, they will fix it for free.

This could be your prob.

Thanks for the advise, i didn't know that!!

Do ya reckon the fact the car was brought in from the UK could pose a problem here? Suppose a call to a Honda dealer on Monday will answer this.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

rob185 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advise, i didn't know that!!

Do ya reckon the fact the car was brought in from the UK could pose a problem here? Suppose a call to a Honda dealer on Monday will answer this.

Thanks!

I bought my car in the UK, and as i was working in cavan for two weeks, i got the dealer there to fix mine. Any honda dealer will sort it. Just ring you dealer and find out. I think there was a thread here a few weeks ago about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Could also be a loose headlight plastic housing, its what was leading to early (and $$) failures on mine.

Advertisement