Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2: Rock stars or washed up old guys?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Hah! Like Who? ABC? Duran Duran? Spandau Ballet?
    Where are they all now?

Dig up, kid. UP!

Nope- Simple Minds - their early stuff ('79 to '84) was way better than anything U2 were doing back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Nolanger wrote: »
    Nope- Simple Minds - their early stuff ('79 to '84) was way better than anything U2 were doing back then.

Can't agree there, i like Sparkle in The Rain and New Gold Dream, but Boy, October and War knock spots off anything Simple Minds did during that period.

Of course, if you're a sucker for post new-romantic tripe, yer bound to disagree. 83 was when Simple Minds learned how to not suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    Been ****e since 1991

Very true indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Fatloss08

bet most of the people here who think their ****e are smiths fans

what a full blown closet he is that morrisey

u2 still huge and going strong since 1978

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Lyrically dead since 1991.

• Advertisement

who gives a rats when their raking it in

doubt he'll complain when it sells big like the rest , think last album sold 14 million and debuted at no 1 in 34 countries

all about the money when ur as big as them

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭musicmonky

Being old does not mean being bad, look at Bruce the Boss or Mr Cohen, or Bob Dylan.

But its o v e r for U2 . The new album is being released like windows vista in about 20 different formats! They are the microsoft of music. It time they come into the new world of music where music is free and you make the money from concerts and t shirts. U2 make more money than anyone else from album sales. Each album is like a new OS its fecking boring.

You have to go to the whine merchants Radiohead a band that actually pushes a few boundaries and are willing to take risks with music. . The song "nude" for example, they persivered with the song NUDE for 10 years to get it right.
    They did it there own way and not the DRM itunes way. They are not scared to communitate with the audience via the internet.

U2 have "lost their way" . Radiohead seem more in tune with what is happening with this so called "new meedia".

U2 were good , RADIOHEAD are good.
    And Coldplay just do copy and paste with U2 songs.

RIPu2

musicmonky wrote: »
    Being old does not mean being bad, look at Bruce the Boss or Mr Cohen, or Bob Dylan.

But its o v e r for U2 . The new album is being released like windows vista in about 20 different formats! They are the microsoft of music. It time they come into the new world of music where music is free and you make the money from concerts and t shirts. U2 make more money than anyone else from album sales. Each album is like a new OS its fecking boring.

You have to go to the whine merchants Radiohead a band that actually pushes a few boundaries and are willing to take risks with music. . The song "nude" for example, they persivered with the song NUDE for 10 years to get it right.
    They did it there own way and not the DRM itunes way. They are not scared to communitate with the audience via the internet.

U2 have "lost their way" . Radiohead seem more in tune with what is happening with this so called "new meedia".

U2 were good , RADIOHEAD are good.
    And Coldplay just do copy and paste with U2 songs.

RIPu2

never a better spoken word

are you yoda of masterful one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭musicmonky

master puppet of bono. no , me thinks. chords of the truth i had three.
    but now he only has two. i stole one. muahhhhh hhahahahaha

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Messy Missy

POP is an awesome album...

Amen to that! That album has not received enough credit.

And as for Bono rambling on and on, I just have to say that I adore that man but sometimes I wish he would just shut the **** up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement