Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I get rid of gloss paint on kitchen walls?

• 14-12-2008 12:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭

Help! I mistakenly used white gloss paint, which I had intended to use for the skirting boards and doors etc., on the kitchen walls. The walls now have a lumpy, shiny appearance. I tried to paint over them with matt paint but the matt paint just cracked. Will I have to sand the walls and/ or use a primer in order to reverse this mistake and will I be able to get a smooth surface back? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Don't go doing this, at this hour but I'd recommend

Taking as much gloss off the walls by scrubbing with white spirits.
    Sand down wall to remove more paint.
    Put an undercoat on.
    Paint again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Thanks very much for your advice which I'll action today. Looks like its going to be a time consuming mistake to rectify!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Will take you bloody ages. was decorating my bathroom, removed all of the crappy wallpaper that was there and below the three or four more layers of wallpaper was gloss. Took me ages to sand the bloody stuff off.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭burberry

blow torch is your only man anything else is a waste of time

Advertisement