Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hostel Recommendation/ Review Thread (Perth)

Options
  • 14-12-2008 6:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

OK, so I thought it might be a good idea to start this thread, if it works out it could make a good sticky. I'm starting a Perth one cause that's the only place I've been so far. If others could start Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane ect ones, that would be great. Haven't put too much thought into this but I was thinking the posts could go some thing like this....or not, whatever:

Hostel Name:
    Address:
    Prices:
    Contact Info:
    Amenities: (Is that the word I'm looking for, like does it have washing/drying machines, internet access, cooking facilities, Bar, ect)

Atmosphere: (how fun/friendly you felt it was) Marks out of ten.
    Cleanliness: (was there bed bugs, was the kitchen cleaned reguarly ect) Marks out of ten.
    Staff: (were the staff helpful, courteous ect) M.O.O.T
    Location: (how near it is to the city, bars, resturaunts, public transport ect) M.O.O.T
    Security: (Did you feel comfortably leaving stuff in your room, were lockers provided ect) M.O.O.T

Review: (write a brief review of your time there and add any information, stories ect you feel are relevant)

If someone else has reviewed a hostel in a thread don't let that stop you doing your own one for that same hostel, the more the better.

I realise there are a few hostel review sites online but personally I would value reviews posted by boards users far more than random people that may or may not be writing it on behalf of, or because they have a grudge against, a particular hostel.

I have stayed in 5 or 6 hostels in Perth and will do up reviews for them later or maybe tomorrow when I get time. Anyways what do ye's think?

Advertisement