Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this right? WAR for €13

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Its been like that for a few days now, so if its a mis-price, then they havent noticed it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

Think it is correct because you can download the client for free online, you just need a monthly supscription :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

so theres no activation cost at all just monthly fee ?
    that cant be right for a game out so recently

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,488 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Spunge wrote: »
    so theres no activation cost at all just monthly fee ?
    that cant be right for a game out so recently

You have to buy a copy to add the licence to your account and after that a monthly fee. It looks like it is indeed £9.99 for a retail copy from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Might pick this game up in the coming months and try it.
    Went back to WoW but it just felt the same. I want something new!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well its back up to £29.99 now but there is rumours of a free trial in the coming months.

Also went back to WoW over christmas, got to level 30 and realised I had to grind up about 40 gold to afford a mount, quit again right there and then. I prefer WAR's focus away from money grinding (thats not to say there isnt grinding in the game).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Well its back up to £29.99 now but there is rumours of a free trial in the coming months.

Also went back to WoW over christmas, got to level 30 and realised I had to grind up about 40 gold to afford a mount, quit again right there and then. I prefer WAR's focus away from money grinding (thats not to say there isnt grinding in the game).
    I was the same. I quit WoW about a year ago, then got WotLK when it came out, got a DK to 72 and was horribly bored.

WAR RvR ftw. And its getting better and better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Jim wrote: »
    I was the same. I quit WoW about a year ago, then got WotLK when it came out, got a DK to 72 and was horribly bored.

WAR RvR ftw. And its getting better and better.

Got mine upto 63 then i quit. I guess i did not give it a chance but i figured i just overplayed it before.

Still i have loads of games to catch up with now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭pyxxel

BadCharlie wrote: »
    Might pick this game up in the coming months and try it.
    Went back to WoW but it just felt the same. I want something new!

I always steered clear of WoW so can't comment there. What I will say though is that if you can find a copy of the game for a tenner or 15 quid, get it. Get it NOW! Even if you don't activate your account for a few weeks, it's still a great price.

I remember seeing copies of WAR after Christmas in GAME, reduced to something like 14.99. Also remember rubbing my eyes :eek:

My GF and me have a ball in WAR, however it does depend on how busy the particular server is and what kinda people you find there. We're on Burlok mostly and it's rocking there. The fact that it's a roleplaying server means that you won't find too many nerdy l33t kidz around - which helps.

Advertisement