Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about stretching

Options
  • 14-12-2008 12:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Not my lobes though, ive got them at 8mm already. I'm thinking about the upper cartilage piercing i have. Any thoughts on this? Health risks etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Few mates have it done, and it looks really cool.
    None of them had any problems stretching, but make sure it keep it REEEEEEEEEEEAAAL slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I didn't know you could stretch those piercings, coz they're cartalidge. I thought you had to get them dermal punched to make them bigger. Both methods sound sore as hell if my scaffold is anything to go by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Seconding reeeeal slow. Like a mm or 2mm a year, from what I've heard the outer conch is even slower to stretch than the inner conch. Use the long tapers if you're tapering, the cheap short ones don't work well with cartilage at all. Some people are prone to developing a ring of skin around cartilage piercings when they stretch them, so that's something to watch out for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

If you wanna stretch and are 100% sure, just dermal punch. Fast, safe and minimal effort

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

will isnt a slow and steady kind of guy!!!
    yeaho!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I used to be but seeing friends get dermal punches done they're way less hassle.

Get a dermal punch at size you want for around 50euros including jewellery compared to say getting a standard conch piercing with a 1.6barbell. Then everytime you wanna stretch (besides being very very sore) you've to fork out for new jewellery

e.g dermal punched conch at say 7mm - €50 or so, done.
    conch piercing at 1.6mm - €50 or so, then add on about 10 or so each time you wanna stretch up. so thats minimum of 120 euro not including time and pain of going through stretching each time

shimei - for you id go slow and steady :pac:

Advertisement