Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anyone able to recommend any good post metal bands??

• 14-12-2008 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I am big into Isis and Pelican. I was wondering if there are any similar bands out there. Anyone able to recommend anyone good that i might like? Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Neurosis, a better version of Isis :P .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

"Post metal"? When did metal end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Red Sparowes are good, dunno if they're metal though. Also check out Russian Circles, and Shadowcast Sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

Sunno and Conifer are another two worthy of a mention. Another good lot are Mono; they're maybe not exactly what you are looking for but they are in a very similar vein.

To me the boundaries are a little blurred. Where does one sub-genre end and the next start? Post metal, post rock, sludge, even ambient black metal? With that in mind I'd recommend a French band called Alcest. Very atmospheric stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

anti-venom wrote: »
    Sunno and Conifer are another two worthy of a mention. Another good lot are Mono; they're maybe not exactly what you are looking for but they are in a very similar vein.

To me the boundaries are a little blurred. Where does one sub-genre end and the next start? Post metal, post rock, sludge, even ambient black metal? With that in mind I'd recommend a French band called Alcest. Very atmospheric stuff.

If you recommend Alcest then you must include Amesoeurs too. Baroness are very good, the new battles album might be to your liking, cult of luna? Explosions In The Sky are well worth checking out. The Mare Ep is good too. Mouth Of The Architect, The Ocean and Tusk are also good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Russian circles first two were fantastic (Enter and Upper Ninety), Mouth of the Architects latest (Quietly) is also excellent.

Others worth a look include:
    Neurosis, Baroness, and Sunno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

The Ocean are amazing, but quite a bit different to Isis ( and I think Pelican, never really listened to them that much ) . Cult of Luna do have some amazing songs for sure.

Advertisement