Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Guide - Christmas Edition - BooBoo!

• 14-12-2008 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

First off! A Merry XMas to you all here at boards.ie. Lets hope we get some snow!

I was at a house warming few nights ago and a collaboration of us spotted the errors that the RTE guide forgot to finish off.
    This begins with the photo on the cover of the Christmas edition of the RTE guide.

If you have a copy, grab it and have a look. It's all centered on the item that Pat Shortt holds in his hands and this is repeated throughout the guide. Yes, they made the mistake 5 times! Tut Tut IMO! - lol

SEE THE RESULTS here!

- Grogg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭chikuu

god ur sharp, well done!

I didnt see that at all.

Someone got lazy with photoshop :D

pg 170 is a huge mistake as the pic is taking half the page.

It was a good idea of them doing it, but it works well if it is done right.

whats wrong with page 16? It looks alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Grogg

Page 16 is probably the best effort due to the fact that the recursive image is so small. But using my macro lens I pulled up the image and its the same again. Using the human eye shows up the smallest little white box. Indicating that they again left out the image :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

This is due to the CEC (current econ.....blah blah)
    I heard a rumour that they are now using MS PAINT !! as their photo editor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

And whats wrong with MS Paint???:D
    They are terrible mistakes to make but they also have it right on another page :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭chikuu

Grogg wrote: »
    Page 16 is probably the best effort due to the fact that the recursive image is so small. But using my macro lens I pulled up the image and its the same again. Using the human eye shows up the smallest little white box. Indicating that they again left out the image :)

ah now I get ya.

after using your zoom in link :D

well done though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

And whats wrong with MS Paint???biggrin.gif
    .....because Micro Sucks, Mad Software, Misserable arSeholes etc etc, sorry Bill if you're listenin !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Grogg you must have a lot of time on your hands! Well spotted... And this being their special issue and all!

A small bit of time..... being Sunday and a fairly good photographer/photoshopper it was about 15mins well spent imo :)

I think it was a good cover for sure. I can recall the Dustin the Turkey cover for sure. I think my fav for overall "impression" was last years though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

.....because Micro Sucks, Mad Software, Misserable arSeholes etc etc, sorry Bill if you're listenin !

is there not a photo forum for pre-teens where you could be among your peers :-) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭thedarkroom

Sharp alright, but I'm curious. Why would you still have a copy of the 1979 RTE Guide. Chairman of the fan club or just a bit behind on your reading? I usually dumped them when I've finished colouring in the pictures or joining the dots.

• Advertisement

@ thedarkroom: lol...... yes a annorak fan here... not!

No, I'm afraid that I do not have the 1979 copy :(.... but some of the older edition covers are printed on the last page of this years copy. With the naked eye you can just about see the 3rd Santa showing that indeed they got it right 29 years ago.

Advertisement