Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

can my license let me drive automatic?!?!

Options
  • 14-12-2008 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

i dont really no what board i should be posting this on, but basically ive a normal irish full drivers license for 2 years now, want to know if this will let me drive an automatic?? im going to states for a month and it seems that most of the cars to hire are automatics

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

yea you can

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

As towel401 said, yes you can. The issue only arises the other way around - when someone has a restriction on their licence that they can drive only an automatic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭JackFrosty

yes you can,

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The only problem you may have is that when you come back home, you won't want to drive a manual again! :p (I'm on my 4th auto now and could never go back)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No problem, just tuck your left foot under your seat a bit so you don't step on the brake thinking it's a clutch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement