Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Docks Development

Options
1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I stand corrected by Robbo. Madame. It would still be fair to say that they are 1Million% more of a car parking operation than they were 15 years ago though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    I stand corrected by Robbo. Madame. It would still be fair to say that they are 1Million% more of a car parking operation than they were 15 years ago though :)

And so what if they are? Business is Business. Car parking was obviously a wise move on their behalf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

I am reliably informed that the CEO of the Galway Harbour Company, as well as the Harbour Master, are paid in the order of €100k a year.

Business is business, but who pays that salary?

And why should the CEO and Harbour Master of a quiet wee docks on the western edge of Europe be paid twice as much as the Prime Minister of Poland, a country with a population of 38 million citizens?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    I am reliably informed that the CEO of the Galway Harbour Company, as well as the Harbour Master, are paid in the order of €100k a year.

Business is business, but who pays that salary?

And why should the CEO and Harbour Master of a quiet wee docks on the western edge of Europe be paid twice as much as the Prime Minister of Poland, a country with a population of 38 million citizens?

I would check your sources. I know of other harbour masters and CEO's of much less significant harbours in Ireland that are paid well in excess of that figure. Welcome to Ireland, post celtic tiger...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Tabnabs wrote: »
    I would check your sources. I know of other harbour masters and CEO's of much less significant harbours in Ireland that are paid well in excess of that figure. Welcome to Ireland, post celtic tiger...

Dang. And he was so plausible and definite about it too. What should I add to his quoted figure to make it more accurate? 50%?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

You need to do more asking is all I'm saying. I did and was shocked by some of the figures reliably quoted to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

Nice simulation of new docks if it goes ahead.

Advertisement