Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Implants

Options
  • 14-12-2008 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

They came up in conversation last night somehow with a few of my non-bod mod friends, and I started talking about magnets as implants, how they worked, instalation and such. Sort of surprisingly, they were intriuged by it all.
    I had wanted to get implants for ages, but when I read about Shannon Larratt and a few others getting them, and what it was like having them, I knew I was going to get them. I'd still love to get regular implants aswell,but magnets would be so much cooler, if even only for a few months.

The link to the original article on BME doesn't work, but I found one similiar. here, and [here
    Anyone got any implants? Or anyone know anyone that has them? Snakebite had someone that could install them, fairly expensive if I remember correctly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Really dont know much about them, other than they look sh!t cool.
    I reckon Glen in adenoids(sp?) would be the man for the job though.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=FsMo_vn78ns Link cause its bloody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Implants are complicated, very complicated. Skin elasticity for one thing is paramount, especially when under the age of 40. If you don't polstice (submerge it in water to remove gunk) it at least every 3 days you're looking for trouble.

tbh i've wanted em but knowing what i know now im gonna wait till im older and skin is more elasticated

they do rock, the look of them is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

ok probably gonna upset people here but i think that stuff is knacker.
    most of the piercing stuff i can handle but this is just too far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Glen had a whole set of forehead magnets put in by saampa years ago when he was over teaching us how to do implants and transdermals. I think we were actually the first people in the world to use them as glen had them made up especially for it. The idea was basically so he could stick jewelery onto the implants which did work. Not the same as the type shannon et al have though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Do you happen to know what strength they were? And if they were coated or not?

• Advertisement
Advertisement