Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sick for exams..whats my faith?

Options
  • 14-12-2008 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

hi all just a quick question, I have caught the "mumps". I have three tests left this coming week, I have passed all the course work for the modules and been to most tut's for them so only need like a few % from each exam to pass. But i feel like **** my face is swollen and i cant eat or open my mouth have a constant headache etc.. what will happen if i dont sit the exams? will i be given a class averege? or will i have to sit them in the summer? or will something else happen? I can easily get a note from my G.P confirming my situation.... thanks in advance....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

GPs note will help.

But what you need to do is;
    - Go into the SU
    - Find Eamonn Gardiners office
    - Tell him your story

He'll sort you out hopefully.

You'll get I grades and have to repeat with the normal repeats in August. The repeats aren't capped though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

If you can go to the medical centre in college, go up there and be seen by one of the doctors/nurses and explain the situation. They'll sort you out with a cert to submit to the I-Grade Committee requesting I-grades (you will be given them, though, so don't worry about that). If you can't go into college, you'll need for your own GP to do up the cert for you and to state that you are bed-bound and can't go to the UL doctor - this is absolutely vital!

Contact your lecturer(s) and let them know the story. Won't be a problem tbh.

In most cases, to clear i-grades it means sitting the exams at the end of August. However, talk to your lecturers. Sometimes they're willing to set you an alternative paper in January, say, or allow you do additional coursework. It depends on the module/lecturer. Also, it will depend on them whether the exam in August will be 100% exam or if they'll allow you to keep the marks you earned in coursework. Most lecturers are pretty decent when it comes to I-grades and are sympathetic towards the student and will do their best to accommodate you, so have a chat with them. Send them an email or phone their offices and let them know your story.

Best of luck and get well soon :)

Awwwww, I though you were coming in here to correct the OPs misspelling of 'fate' ('faith').

Grammar Nazi fail! :pac:

cson wrote: »
    Awwwww, I though you were coming in here to correct the OPs misspelling of 'fate' ('faith').

Grammar Nazi fail! :pac:

He/She is sick. Even I'm not that cruel. I told you already: I'm starting my new year's resolution of being nice early.

And seeing as you pointed it out are you trying to enlist?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 a2dg

hi thanks for the advice ( and spelling correction). Will pay a visit to ul doctor tomorrow.....

• Advertisement

a2dg wrote: »
    ( and spelling correction).

Only messing mate ;)

Get well soon :)

cson wrote: »
    Only messing mate ;)

Get well soon :)

Ha, who looks like a phewl now, PHEWL!:p

Advertisement