Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas in Christchurch

Options
  • 14-12-2008 3:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

Im wondering if there is anything going on in Christchurch around Xmas time.
    Sportings occasions etc?
    Are there any hotels, restaurants offering Christmas Day dinner. We only arrived a few days ago and we dont really have an oven to cook a turkey.

Also anything going on in New Years?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

NZ play the West Indies in a cricket day/night ODI on Jan 3 in ChCh... that's where I know I'd be :)

Most Kiwis get Christmas over & done with pretty quickly and just get on with the summer. I'd recommend ditching the turkey and have lamb or chicken instead, putting your feet up and watch the Boxing day Test or hit the beach... no shortage of those around ChCh ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Also, some good one day trips would be Akaroa (charming French settlement) and Hanmer Springs.

Queenstown is more of a trip but would be good for New Years.

Christchurch CC usually put on an event for New Years in the Square.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Thanks for that. I'm going to dinner in a hotel and im going to try and be a xmasy as possible the whole day.

Looking forward to it.

Advertisement