Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your strong subjects?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

And to he/she who remembered my post-JC registration, skillz. :)

But seriously chaps and chapettes, LC kicks the arse of the lie that An Teastas Shóisearigh........ (well apart from French...... That's just become impossibly difficult!)

I have a talent for retaining useless info that probably knocks out actually useful info.................mneh (Im a "He" :))

I think there is a big jump, but its not thaaaaaaaaat bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭paddyb125

English and Geography

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

BIOLOGY AND HOME EC!! i like english to but the timing is fairly tough!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭straight_As

Fad wrote: »
    I have a talent for retaining useless info that probably knocks out actually useful info.................mneh (Im a "He" :))

I think there is a big jump, but its not thaaaaaaaaat bad.

In just French or the whole LC vs JC in general?

Tbh, I thought the standard leap between JC and LC would be far more dramatic. Not really, I suppose, in most subjects though bar French....

Sure Irish has become obsessively long and depressing, what with that choice of poetry, but bar this minor inconvenience, I love it now.

Still, UNFORTUNATELY, the Leaving Cert seems to be consistent with the JC, in that, it rewards regurgitation instead of creativity.

:(

In just French or the whole LC vs JC in general?

Tbh, I thought the standard leap between JC and LC would be far more dramatic. Not really, I suppose, in most subjects though bar French....

Sure Irish has become obsessively long and depressing, what with that choice of poetry, but bar this minor inconvenience, I love it now.

Still, UNFORTUNATELY, the Leaving Cert seems to be consistent with the JC, in that, it rewards regurgitation instead of creativity.

:(

I think the jump in Irish is much much worse, but in general the leap in everything isnt too bad (bar HL Maths which is pretty steep). I dont think the jump in French is too bad.

I love the fact that all (all 12 poems!) have basically negative themes, its great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I think the jump in Irish is much much worse
    Really? I found it wasn't too bad, JC HL was fairly tough. The difference between OL and HL Irish for LC is a bit drastic though.

Really? I found it wasn't too bad, JC HL was fairly tough. The difference between OL and HL Irish for LC is a bit drastic though.

Well say the level of the essays is a big jump, especially factoring in relearning the damn language after 4th year!

Going from My Favourite Band to The Recession. Could be worse though!

The jump in OL is quite big, that is true, I see alot of my friends who did OL JC out of laziness kinda suffering now, with the chance of them failing being pretty possible, makes me glad I put the effort in!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Well say the level of the essays is a big jump, especially factoring in relearning the damn language after 4th year!

Going from My Favourite Band to The Recession. Could be worse though!

The jump in OL is quite big, that is true, I see alot of my friends who did OL JC out of laziness kinda suffering now, with the chance of them failing being pretty possible, makes me glad I put the effort in!
    Hm, I suppose. JC essays (well I did stories) were like.. 1-2 pages though, LC is 2-3. I much preferred LC Irish to JC anyway, because we got to write INTERESTING things. (Also I did abysmally writing stories in Irish... turns out you cannot simply translate flowery English prose to Irish and expect it to go well.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

My strongest are English and Biology; love them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

Biology, Chemistry, Physics and HL Maths.
    I suck at History and English though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Crystler

Biology, Chem, App.Maths, Maths (all HL bar irish) are my strong points, unforuntaely I suck at all my languages and have neglected Physics >.>

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Heggy

Maths, Chemistry, then maybe Physics. Was doing alright at English until the Mocks, sort of lost the will when I started the Poetry Essay. I don't know what it's like for everyone else, but nothing seems to change my French mark, whether I do piles or nothing, just the same.

English and Irish was a huge jump. And when you compare the LC science subjects to the single JC science, the jump is fairly big as well. Chemistry experiments are brilliant.

Advertisement