Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer won't let me access BME

Options
  • 14-12-2008 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

Whenever I try to access BME or any BME-related sites on my laptop, my browser says "Page Not Found" and redirects me to a search engine. It happens on mozilla and internte explorer. I don't know why this is happening, it only started a week ago and I hadn't changed anything... At first I thought BME was down, but I've been able to access it on other computers.

I'd really like to be able to access the site, as I've only got 4 days left on my membership and I wanted to do research into my next piercing.

This is more a problem with my computer than a body mod thread, i suppose... I was just hoping someone might know what was wrong.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Can you access other sites? You still in ireland or in another country?

What security software you running on your lappy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

I can access other sites no problem, it's just bme, iam and the bme wiki that won't work. I'm still in Ireland, same place as I have been for months, and it's always worked before. I've got AVG Anti-Virus Free running. Actually, now you mention it, I only installed that quite recently... hmmm. Could that be blocking BME? I've also got a few add-ons on mozilla, but they all know to trust BME...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

What search engine are you getting redirected to?

make sure avg is up to date, run the anti virus. if it finds anything happy days, try access site. if it's still acting up download malwarebytes ( http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php )

run that, see if it catches anything. If not run both in safe mode then see.

Thanks guys! I downloaded a new antivirus and ran a malware scan and it turns out I had a few (19) trojans. I feel a little violated:o They're all gone now though, and I can access BME again:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

NINETEEN?
    Sweet lord.

I get straight on it when i have a feeling i might have one, 19 is insane. :eek:

Don't mock me. :o I know I'm dumb, I thought my virus scan was running okay. :o

issue resolved :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement