Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 controller troubles

• 14-12-2008 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

I bought the wireless rechargeable battery pack cos I was sick of it eating up batteries. It was fine for the first 2 months, it would work ages without need for recharging. Now the controller turns off immediately after unplugging the usb charger wire. When plugged in, the light is red for ten seconds then turns green, and the battery indicator on the dash says it only has 1 bar, and doesn't flash like I think it used to when recharging. So it now only works when plugged in! Is the battery just screwed and I'll have to buy a new one?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Sound like the battery is fecked tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭SoulReaperDan1

2 months I got out of it. 2 morals to the story:
    1. Always keep a warranty
    2. Don't ever buy anything microsoft are responsible for!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Down to Maplin with you and get a set of Uniross Hybrid NiMH batteries and charger.

Bad luck with the batteries! :(

I got my battery packs not long after buying the X-Box, and though they may not last quite as long as they used to, they're still fine.

Overall, I'm glad I got them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭steve927

I bought the wireless rechargeable battery pack cos I was sick of it eating up batteries. It was fine for the first 2 months, it would work ages without need for recharging. Now the controller turns off immediately after unplugging the usb charger wire. When plugged in, the light is red for ten seconds then turns green, and the battery indicator on the dash says it only has 1 bar, and doesn't flash like I think it used to when recharging. So it now only works when plugged in! Is the battery just screwed and I'll have to buy a new one?!

The exact same thing started happening to me on Friday night:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Like every rechargeable battery, mobile phone etc. It all got to do with the first charge. The first time you charge the battery you should leave it charge for about 8 hours. Otherwise the battery doesn't hold the charge.
    Saying that it could be just a faulty battery pack.

My first pack lasted about 18months before the same thing happened. I'm on my second one now 18 months pasted. I find not leaving the USB plugged in, only plug it in when the battery is almost dead keeps them lasting longer.

Advertisement