Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wipe clean

Options
  • 14-12-2008 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Hope this is the right place I have a pc and I want to wipe it clean and just put windows back on it .
    Now before you ask we have lost all the disks please help my daughter wants it in her room ASAP
    Is there anyone here that would do it and any idea off the cost.
    I live in Sandyford area ta for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

If you know anyone with a windows PC, I'm pretty sure you can use their Disk with your windows cd key(should be stuck on the side of the pc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If you know anyone with a windows PC, I'm pretty sure you can use their Disk with your windows cd key(should be stuck on the side of the pc)

Well, it depends on a few different things. Firstly, obviously the edition of the OS, and secondly, whether or not it's OEM or retail.

What Operating system is the cd-key on the machine for?

Your options are

1) Obtain or download an iso that matches your cd-key
    2) Buy a new copy of an OS

If you don't have a CD-Key, then you have to buy a new OS, simple as. Or else use a free, non-windows alternative.

Let there be no talk of downloading or obtaining an OS that does not match the OS the OP has a cd-key for, or any discussion about getting a windows OS without any cd-key.

Advertisement