Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying GTA4 (PC) online

• 14-12-2008 6:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭

Due to a broken arm and a sore hip, I can't get to Dublin, so whats a good online shop that sells GTA4 for the PC? (Or if someone knows of a place in Leixlip, I'll badger someone to give a lift there :D). I'd be wanting it before the end of the week, and at a cheap enough price. And no. No steam. I don't want some error saying "steam servers are down, so you can't play your off-line game" crap.

My current discs... ehhh... broke...:rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

What about buying it through Steam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

feylya wrote: »
    What about buying it through Steam?
    No Steam. Have heard of people not being able to play as some server was down. Also want the physical media.

What's the delivery from play.com like these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

the_syco wrote: »
    What's the delivery from play.com like these days?

I've read horror stories of 2-3 weeks

Honestly, You'd have a copy got on R********e by now :D
    just order it on play.com and You'll be half way through when it arrives and ready go legit to take on the multiplayer

Due to not having the disk, I'm unable to make any Razor saves.

Ah well, one of the family overheard me wanting it, so I'll be getting it on Christmas Day. 11 days to go...:confused::rolleyes::eek::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

I ordered GTAIV from play.co.uk there last Tuesday. (16th) Got an e-mail on the 18th saying it was posted. I'm starting to worry I wont get it by Christmas now.

I ordered ram from Komplett the very same day and I got that last Saturday...

I'm half thinking of torrenting GTAIV so that at least I'll be able to play it on xmas as I'm worried I might not see this for another week or something :(

What are peoples experiences with play? Am I right to be worried? I realise I shoulda just bought the game in town :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Jerry get back to work you bum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Wha?

Well **** it anyway it didnt come today which means I wont get it for xmas. feck sake.

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Jerry get back to work you bum
    Dude, I would love to, but as I broke my elbow two weeks ago, I can't :(

On the brighter side of things, getting it tomorrow \o/ Smyths on Jervis Street had it.

• Advertisement

So, got it, played for 4 hours, saving as I went along, exited the game, went back in, and I'm back to the start. NOT F**KING HAPPY. The, eh, demo... worked better than the yoke that was paid for. Grrrrrrrrr... and this is after I spent 30 minutes f**king around with creating the stupid f**king Rockstar and "Live" accounts. Live? The f**king thing didn't save my f**king saved games. Piece of f**king sh|te :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

the_syco wrote: »
    So, got it, played for 4 hours, saving as I went along, exited the game, went back in, and I'm back to the start. NOT F**KING HAPPY. The, eh, demo... worked better than the yoke that was paid for. Grrrrrrrrr... and this is after I spent 30 minutes f**king around with creating the stupid f**king Rockstar and "Live" accounts. Live? The f**king thing didn't save my f**king saved games. Piece of f**king sh|te :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

calm blue ocean....

Advertisement